Fallout 3 - Teaser Soon...

Compatibility mode doesn't fix it afaik.
(or at least, didn't for me)

The problem didn't appear for me until I was a reasonable way into the game, so I was pretty pissed. Managed to copy the save games over to the Win 98 partition though.

Compatibility mode doesn't fix it afaik.
(or at least, didn't for me)

The problem didn't appear for me until I was a reasonable way into the game, so I was pretty pissed. Managed to copy the save games over to the Win 98 partition though.

How do you proceed in doing a Win 98 partition?

Does it affect the rest of the computer?

No. I don't have a clue on how to proceed.
Didn't know I could.

Care to tell me how?

Right-click on the fallout executable file (im guessing fallout.exe) and click on "Properties". Click on the "Compatability" tab and then tick the "Run this program in...". Select "Windows 98" (or maybe 95 will work?) and then apply changes.

Like shagnak01 said, it didn't work for him so don't get your hopes up too much. It's worth a try though. Good luck.

Right-click on the fallout executable file (im guessing fallout.exe) and click on "Properties". Click on the "Compatability" tab and then tick the "Run this program in...". Select "Windows 98" (or maybe 95 will work?) and then apply changes.

Sweet. I'm going to try that right now.

Thanks.

I'm not too sure about setting up a Windows 98 partition in XP though. You might need a third-party software (Boot Magic, i think) to help you out.

Yo shagnak01, help an RPG brother out! :)

I've tried Win 95 and 98.
The annoyances seem less frequent.

About the partition, I don't thing I'll play with that.
I'm too scared about messing up my computer.

Thanks for your all of your help though.

'Da both of ya. :cool:

P.S. : Where do you guys find all the cool smileys?
I don't see them in the selectible ones...
I like the one with fire that Cm uses often. And the one with the whip...

P.S. : Where do you guys find all the cool smileys?
I don't see them in the selectible ones...
I like the one with fire that Cm uses often. And the one with the whip...

At the bottom of the smileys list, there is a dark box with text saying "Show All Smileys". Click on that and a truckload of smileys will appear.

I think we've gotten off-topic too much even if it is still Fallout related :)

At the bottom of the smileys list, there is a dark box with text saying "Show All Smileys". Click on that and a truckload of smileys will appear.

I think we've gotten off-topic too much even if it is still Fallout related :)

Indeed indeed.

Party's ova! :oops::police:

Talk to you later.

As for the trailer I liked it :) It was a lot better of what I had envisioned that Bethesda were capable of doing or showing to fanbase, and to all others, too, of course ;) .

The Ink Spots song is very nice as is the focus on the old radio tube? and the appereance of Vault Boy etc. was also done correctly so that the teaser tied in nicely with the intro trailer for FO 1+2 .

I could have listened to the Ink Spots singing I don't want to set the world on fire all day, but for some (odd) reason, Bethesda decided to merge this music with some ominous sounding scary? music? at the end of the trailer. And that guy in the power looked really outta place to me.

Isn't it considered canon pretty much that the Brotherhood of Steel didn't move to the East Coast ? As far I remember the BOS were some sort of military thing which upheld the 'law' (of sorts) in the West Coast area in the US in Fallout 1+2??

Maybe there is a similar organization on the East Coast??

As for playing Fallout 1 (and 2) in Windows XP, at least Fallout 1 needs to be installed in win 95 compability mode.

Greetings!

I've also just bought it (probably from the same seller on Ebay!).
Actually mine was new from Amazon :)

When playing Fallout, I have a very annoying issue :

Every minute or so, the screen turns completely black...
The music keeps playing but the screen is black.

I have to move the mouse around then the top 3/4 of my screen clears up but the lower part stays black until I move the mouse cursor around it. I have to do like a painting motion until I have completely cleared everything.
By the time I'm done, the screen turns black again and I have to repeat the process.

I think that it's my computer's fault.

Has this ever happen to you?
Nope. Only time I've seen similar was when alt-tabbing out. Solution: don't alt-tab :p

It sounds like you've got something running in the background that's grabbing the windows focus breifly - make sure you're not running anything else.

As for playing Fallout 1 (and 2) in Windows XP, at least Fallout 1 needs to be installed in win 95 compability mode.

Not the version I have, unless they fixed the installer to do that automatically in the white label version.

Not the version I have, unless they fixed the installer to do that automatically in the white label version.
Doh, spoke too soon. Started getting it as well. Just going to the preferences menu and back clears it.

Doh, spoke too soon. Started getting it as well. Just going to the preferences menu and back clears it.

What do you mean 'going to the preferences menu'?

Anyway, I've played it a little in windows 95 compatibility mode.
It is a little less frequent but still happens.
I can live with it.

And that guy in the power looked really outta place to me.

Isn't it considered canon pretty much that the Brotherhood of Steel didn't move to the East Coast ? As far I remember the BOS were some sort of military thing which upheld the 'law' (of sorts) in the West Coast area in the US in Fallout 1+2??

Maybe there is a similar organization on the East Coast??

I think it looks more like a rudimentary suit of power armour to me. I would say there is a good chance it is either a completely new faction or a splinter faction of the original brotherhood (like the one in fallout tactics).

Since it is set after Fallout 2 (I assume) it could even be that the BoS has migrated to the east. Or perhaps it could even be the player character!!

What do you mean 'going to the preferences menu'?

Anyway, I've played it a little in windows 95 compatibility mode.
It is a little less frequent but still happens.
I can live with it.
Hit escape, choose preferences (or options.. can't remember what it's called - the screen where you adjust sounds/difficulty) then cancel - it refreshes the screen.

Back
Top Bottom