Witcher 3 - Patch 1.07

**unable to advance quest line until I click on the magnifying glass**

"Hmmm. I should probably tell Zoltan"

Que music. Quest updated. New goal: Tell Zoltan about the footprints

**follow dots on mini map to Zoltan**

(apology for the spoilers)

I have to ask, Ovenall. Are these things you keep complaining about something you personally dislike, or just something you like to bring up to make a point to others who in your experience have complained about such features in the past?

He's trolling, and apparently successfully, nothing more.

It's not hard for him to get a reaction here, since we have some pretty big Witcher fans (me included) ;)

I'm messing with you guys mostly. But seriously, there's more hand-holding in this game than in almost any other I've ever played.

Really enjoy the game. Hand-holding isn't a bad thing in my opinion. Just pointing out the hypocrisy.

"Hmmm… glowing red thing. Better click on it or I'll never finish this game…"

XP +1500 LEVEL UP

Edit: Here's 100 other items plus a sword that's slightly better than your other sword.

QUEST UPDATE: Tell Triss you found a slightly better sword"

**follow the glowing breadcrumbs**

"Hmm. I just killed a bunch of monsters. Here's their nest. I should probably destroy the nest"

Press X to destroy the nest.

X

+1500 XP next quest Kill More Monster Nests! Follow the dotted line!

"Hmm. within these yellow circles I should use my Witcher Senses"

**Uses witcher senses while inside yellow circles**

"Hmm.. I should click on these various magnifying glasses I find on this obvious trail of footprints. If i don't I cannot finish the quest, no matter how obvious the glowing footprints are"

**Leads to a corpse**

(examine the corpse 3 ways:
3.)
OKAy now I can continue on this RPG without handholding. Here Roach, let's follow the dots!"

/handholding

Ovenall, I understand you want to make us bored with all that spamming and it's okay. I'm sleepy anyway.
But... Can you please focus on not to triplepost? It's forum, not facebook wall.
Edit button still works, just checked.

Was it really necessary to spam 4 consecutive posts just to try to bait people?

I'm curious though, what's this hypocrisy you speak of? TW3 has less hand-holding than most major AAA games. Do you prefer, for example, the Bethesda method of having a pop-up message at every stage of a quest telling you exactly what to do next?

The dots on the mini-map can be toggled off. In fact, the entire mini-map can be toggled off. This has been pointed out to you before, but I guess you chose to ignore it so you can keep talking about following the dotted line.

.................................................................................................

path to boring post over and over again.......................................................................................................................................................................

The handholding is indeed a little too much. I turned off the breadcrumbs during my first 30 min, which helps a little. They should also give the option to turn off the yellow quest rings. That's my biggest gripe with W3 - not the rings, but the handholding in general. They are obviously worried about the game being too big for us to manage, but sometimes it's too much. Let me get lost trying to complete a quest. I don't need to be locked in like a guided missile and follow a quest step by step to completion.

Witcher 3 for me is otherwise one of my all time favorite PC games. Any game that one can get lost in for hours without getting bored must be a good game, right? I also been playing Pillars of Eternity, but I find myself only playing for 30min-1 hour at a time. I can blow away six hours playing W3 and want more...

They should also give the option to turn off the yellow quest rings.

Given the size of the game world and how dense the foliage can be, I find the quest rings necessary a lot of the time.

I recommend just turning off the mini map altogether. You don't really need it. You can pull up the map screen periodically to see where you're at.

If you are looking for things not to like about the game you can find them if you are really looking.

Other than the above the only reason not to love this game is if you don't like the style of the game.

"glowing footprints with unavoidable magnifying glasses to advance a quest while the PC tells you what's going on in first-person voice"

=

Not hand-holding

Gotta love RPG watch!

***Go tell Zoltan you love RPG Watch*** (follow the glowing path)

"Hmm... I should go tell Zoltan that I love RPG Watch""

It's an on-rails choose your own adventure game. A very well done version of one. Yeah, my choices will lead to different outcomes, but it's still "follow the glowing path if you want to continue"

Choose A or B (time limit)

An hour later, consequence. Follow the going path if you want to continue.

**Follows glowing path, holds (X) button to show magnifying glasses, rinse/repeat**

If you are looking for things not to like about the game you can find them if you are really looking.

Some people apparently have nothing better to do.

I always find it curious when someone complains about a certain aspect without providing any examples of how it could be done better. :)

"hmmm... I better think about this"

A.
B.
C.

"Now that I've fully thought about this, I will continue on my journey, searching for yellow exclamation points"

+100 XP

New Quest: Find Exclamation Points

I am sure the same people complaining on how TW3 held your hand, were the same ones complaining on how hard some of the puzzles were in D:OS.

Back
Top Bottom