Non-RPG General News - Indiana Jones Game Coming

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A teaser video for a new Indiana Jones game which Bethesda have announced with a tweet.

A new Indiana Jones game from Bethesda and Machine Games has been revealed! Check out the short teaser here!

[...]

A new Indiana Jones game with an original story is in development from our studio, @MachineGames, and will be executive produced by Todd Howard, in collaboration with @LucasfilmGames. It'll be some time before we have more to reveal, but we're very excited to share today's news!
Thanks Redglyph!

More information.

I fear that it might be just an action game ...
I mean, I liked Indiana Jones And The Fate Of Atlantis most ...

Since it's being developed by Machine Games, I'm guessing it's going to be first-person.

I'd love a good action-adventure based on IJ, but like Alrik I fear this is likely to be more of a straight action game.

I always liked the pinball game the most

Last edited:
I tend to think of the Uncharted games as essentially Indiana Jones adventures. I'll be surprised if they do anything as good.

Isn´t tomb raider just indiana jones with gratuitous eye candy

This is actually a semi serious question I have only played the first TR game and in retrospect the films didn´t do much for me.
I read a lot about ancient history as a kid (there were very few fantasy books at the small local library) so the movies are one of the first times I react to hollywood falsifying history

I'd rather an Indiana Jones game be closer to Tomb Raider than to Uncharted. I've only played the first Uncharted game, but I wasn't impressed. I thought it was far too combat-heavy for what it was. I'd prefer more of an emphasis on exploration.

I'm skeptical about this. Probably fine if you're into the newer Wolfenstein games.

If we get a game with the quality of New Order, great. If it's like New Colossus and we have to listen to Indy whine about his daddy issues, though, I ain't buyin'.
Isn't tomb raider just indiana jones with gratuitous eye candy
Well, OK, *technically* I suppose it's true that Tomb Raider is a Raiders of the Lost Ark rip off given that the movie came out a little (15 years) before the game. Still, Lara has been with us through thick and thin. Indy? Ptththth!

Makes me sad as I wanted Machine Games to release Wolfenstein III instead, but hey I get it the last Co-op spinoff was a disaster, and Zenimax/Microsoft is the overlord.:(

Uncharted is a military shooter, Lara is rambo and Indiana Jones only kills by accident.

So it might be different? Lucas films is involved and maybe machine games might want to do something different.

Forgot to add is anyone else getting tired of these trailers with no game-play. There basically announcements of an announcement with no content. Game PR 101 it seems.

I'm guessing something very woke. If they can make James Bond a "woman of color", they can do the same to the established and well known Indiana Jones character.

I'm guessing something very woke. If they can make James Bond a "woman of color", they can do the same to the established and well known Indiana Jones character.
Don't forget Netflix did the same to Sherlock Holmes as well.:biggrin:

Her name is Enola Holmes.

They're not making Bond into a woman. It's a different agent using "007" while Bond is inactive. Daniel Craig is still Bond and the focal point.

Don't forget Netflix did the same to Sherlock Holmes as well.:biggrin:

Her name is Enola Holmes.

The movie did not alter Sherlock Holmes himself though - Enola is written to be Sherlock's sister, and Sherlock also appears in that movie.

I'd rather an Indiana Jones game be closer to Tomb Raider than to Uncharted. I've only played the first Uncharted game, but I wasn't impressed. I thought it was far too combat-heavy for what it was. I'd prefer more of an emphasis on exploration.

Wasnt impressed by first one either. But second and third one built upon it and improved narration. Still its just shallow gameplay with top notch visuals and narration. Tomb raider is basically the same thing in my eyes.

For me, Indiana Jones was always about atmosphere and humor. In Fate of Atlantis this worked perfectly and with decent story in the mix, there was no need for action gameplay at all.

But Im afraid there is no big chance this will be anything else the action game. We will be lucky if its at least good as recent Uncharted-s or Tomb Raider-s.

Back
Top Bottom