Final Fantasy XIV - Still Unavailable

Redglyph

SasqWatch
COG reports that there are still issues with the availability of FF14.

FINAL FANTASY 14 STILL UNAVAILABLE TO NEW PLAYERS FOR ALMOST A MONTH NOW

Final Fantasy 14 is still unavailable to new players, much to their dismay. It has been nearly a whole month since devs decided to halt its sales due to widespread server congestion. Square Enix stopped sales 13 days after the early access launch of the game's Endwalker expansion. Basically, players who do not already own the game have been locked out.

The severely long wait queues have somewhat dissipated. However, they can still go up to almost an hour in North America during weekday peak times. It can be a whole lot worse during weekends. Still, the situation is reportedly much less severe than during the expansion's launch week. Moreover, multiple players have shared that logging into Final Fantasy 14 now is almost completely error-free.

Still, the devs are still getting a lot of flak because of what is going on. Final Fantasy 14 Director Naoki Yoshida has urged the gaming community to keep from spewing verbal abuse towards the developers.

"Of course, I am thankful and grateful for players to tell us that 'we should do this or this should be that' and what not," Yoshida said. "But, verbal abuses are something we wish could stop."

The bullying within the community has apparently led some Final Fantasy 14 devs to quit their jobs. "Staff members will feel really down after getting those words when they gave their absolute best into trying to create something everyone can enjoy," he continued. "This may end up making them no longer create things that are fun from there on."

"I have only one request to every player out there--please imagine that you are speaking face to face with a developer," Yoshida added. "Imagine how they would feel before sending your feedback over and I will be happy if people can do so politely."

[...]
More information.

Is this game that wildly popular? Really??!! Or are they just throttling the servers to enrich the experience for established players, something I often wished Verant/thirty-eight studios had done back in the day.

I read somewhere they are not able to strenghten servers due to problems in IT components supply chains. Common issue these days, so might be even true. Also Im not sure why they wouldnt take money if people are willing to pay.

I do know some people that simply adore this game, my son being one of them, and while I quite enjoy the older, single-player games in the franchise, I couldn't see playing this game online. And that's assuming a few people tried to drag me along, so you can imagine how going in solo would be even less appealing.

I put in about ~200 hours. Its an odd game. Tiny, tiny maps and no exploration at all . Slow, boring combat. It does have a good story and you can really get lost in the elaborate crafting but overall nothing to merit the attention it gets really. ESO is a much more interesting game IMO.

Back
Top Bottom