The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

The problem with that is that Rachail had a ML2 Moderate Fort robe she was wearing, which changed to ML4. She's 3. While when I logged in, she was cursed, when I removed the robe, the curse went away as well.

So something else is up causing these characters to maintain the curse permanently. Most likely, massive incompetence on Turbine's part.

Oops, I guess that I should check my toons by now then, too ?

Probably, but the issue stems from a combination of Turbine changing the item minimum level rules as much as the handful who either cheated with Cannith Crafting to make high level items no/low ML.

At one time, Race Restricted and Bound to Account items were 2 levels lower than normal, unbound versions of the loot gen. I use to farm Sharn Syndicate for these items, since I could occasionally get ML2 Moderate Fortification robes, and other useful low-level items. In addition, there was a bug with the reward generation code for Harbringer 2 chain, it would sometimes give no ML +6 stat rings and other powerful items. No one was cheating, since it was Turbine's own fault these items were generated.

They've since changed that, now only items generating with Masterful Craftsmanship are of lower ML. But the old items still remained, and usually Turbine has never retroactively changed items before. In U19, NGE, they did, causing my ML2 robes to be ML4, etc...

This means anyone, even though they were using random-gen loot and had not cheated, got hit with the buggy "burden of guilt".

I work tomorrow, so going to be a shortened session for me. I'm also probably going to be late, since I've been working 11 hours a day.

Unless something changes, we'll just reload last week's plan. Madstone first, Prison second, and Cabal third. If we make record time, we can hit Crucible or wander the Orchard until Az has to bail.

Sorry, out tonight. Short notice from sis and all. Have fun

Well, that sucks. OK, Plan B it is.

Easy option: epic mania (I run Phuury)

Possible alternative: bring around the next wave and do Korthos (I run RhoGu)
- obviously assumes that everyone has a toon ready to bring around

Self interest special: push people to cap (I run Shadohe)

Shadohe has run the 1st quest in IQ2 and the 1st quest in Harpers2 (Storm Horns). She needs over 100k XP to cap and since she's going to be my epic runner I wouldn't mind rounding up some kewl 1007 for her. Running Phuury is probably my least favorite of those choices, but I guess I don't really care that much.

I'm willing to run anything that works for the rest of the group, but my limitations are as follows:

-No toons ready to TR, and no toon below level 6 (who can run without my spending a couple of hours moving inventory 1st), and none at all below level 4
-3 epic toons (Bryhana at level 25, Jhianna at level 24, Elysanna at level 23)
-1 toon able to run who is level 16 (Shaider-kai rogue)

I don't know if running Elysanna with Shadohe would mess up XP for you, but I'd be happy to run the IQ2 quests.

Edit:

Another option, if we only have 6 people tonight, to go ahead and do the crucible with whoever we have, so we have all live people. Doing it with hirelings is a pain. Then we could do whatever.

Last edited:
Hmmmm. So it appears we're back to epics again. I'l probably be short-timing tonight as well since I'm facing an early day tomorrow. Shadohe hasn't run anything epic-wise and hasn't even been out in King's Forest yet. Rather than drag the whole group backwards to stuff like the 1st Eveningstar chain, I'd like to propose the following:

- Devil Assault for token farming
- guild Shroud run (short man or open it up, don't care)
- maybe a King's Forest exploder run (commendations for y'all), depending on time and not boring the shit out of the rest of the group

I bail at that point, which leaves y'all 6 players that are closer together content/level-wise. I think y'all should kick the crap out of that $#@*&%*!#*(@ Storm Horns chain. With a full group, you might have a little better luck than we did with Shadohe last week. Obviously, doesn't matter to me, though.

Elysanna's available for a shroud, & a DA run sounds good. King's Forest is fine with me. That Storm Horns chain is a beast, especially that last battle. I'll bring in Bryhana if we do that as I don't think she's run it, & she's got decent evasion & high reflex saves which might make it easier for her to survive … though I'll check before tonight.

If we have time left, Elysanna needs to finish flagging for Caught in the Web, & needs her 375 PDK favor to upgrade her Needle :)

Or, we could do some favor runs on our epics … I know one of Peter's needs Silver Flame, & so does at least one of mine … if we all need the same of something, that might be worthwhile … TBD.

I'm open for anything though.

Ok epic whatevers is fin with me after a da and shroud. That sounds like a plan. Kings run is fine with me, get shadow his coms for gear. I vote DA, Shroud, then forest. Play it by ear after that...That may be all I have in me today as well.

And such is the doom of the latest great and grand plan… :)

So, we're back to the old old plan, which is Madstone, Prison, Cabal. I should be able to knock those out before I have to bail.

Hooray, I'm tired of DA (boring) and the Shroud is WAY overated IMHO!! :)

We've got another wave of TRs on the horizon so I figured the token farming would have some value even if DA is very bland. The time required to yield a full token is hard to match any other way.

As for the Shroud, it was a raid we could run together where level spread was irrelevant.

The newest DDO screenshot, from their web page, has a nice twist in its title :

"Deanna falls from the Vault Of Night with grace …" http://www.ddo.com/en/news/ddo-screenshot-week-156

Found something else :

DDO Bonus Days brings you +1 Loot, now through January 26th!

I guess that this has already affected your last run. ;)

Ship Shrines Expired - See Below

Dex & Wisdom shrines had expired when I logged in today. I've renewed them. Don't know if they're back in the same spots, but they're close together, so I don't think it matters.

I renewed nearly everything (most were on fumes) to give them one month 1 week, but a few were updated to only two weeks. The following need more time added:

Navigator is at 2 w (weeks) 6 d (days)
Greater XP shrine is at 3w
Guild Chest is at 5d
Strength shrine is at 2 w 5 d
Charisma shrine is at 2w 2d (but no hotpoint visible … ???)
Altar of Devastation 2w 5d

Corwin, got off your purse strings and spend some plat!!! ;)

I actually have some shrines I bought ages ago still sitting in one of my toons bank. I just have to find them!! :)

Back
Top Bottom