Fallout: New Vegas - Old World Blues Release Date and 3 Screenshots

aries100

SasqWatch
The Bethblog has been updated with the release date of July 19th for this DLC by Bethesda.
A snip from the announcement:
We’ve received plenty of inquiries asking when we’ll be releasing Fallout: New Vegas’s third DLC, Old World Blues. Today I can confirm the content will release on PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 on Tuesday, July 19th.
Prior to release, we will release a new title update for New Vegas. Along with adding support for Old World Blues, the update will bring improvements to performance and stability in major areas.
You can view the 3 screenshots via this Gamebanshee page.
More information.

So I got a two month vacation coming in about one week and I think it'll be just the right time to buy the previous two DLCs and then this one when it's released. Perfect timing for a change.

Last edited:
I know how you feel. I have a contract that I'm working that ends in November, right when Skyrim is due to be released. I should have a few weeks off before my next contract starts, just enough time to lose myself in Tamriel again.

Great game, still too many buggy/broken quests, so here's hoping they include a nice fix list as well.

Are you playing it on the PC or console? If the PC then what broken quests or bugs?

It's been a month or so since I play New Vegas. When I played it I didn't come close to seeing the kinds of bugs that others were talking about. The biggest one for me was fixed a long time ago and that was when the game slowed down to a crawl if I was battling too many people.

So are any of these DLC's more like a real honest-to-goodness expansion or are they just a few hours of tacked-on gameplay?

I still have the same quest breaking bug were the brotherhood bunker is destroyed before I even go there. Pisses me off when I wasted my game.

skavenhorde I'll do couple for PC in spoilers.
There is an Undocumented quest Ranger Andy gives to check on Ranger Station Charlie. I went there (errr…stealth player here) seeing no one moving (I had been here previously, so I knew there was at the very least a look out on top), so I entered crouching. I see the bodies and find a tape on the floor, crouching the whole time (ambush paranoid after finding mines under the bodies) searched the whole place afaik. Return to Andy, and have the option to tell him there all dead but then nothing else. No visual quest update, no xp, no reward. Knowing I checked everything, even found a couple secret items, I checked the wiki. There's a second tape, I run back there it is plain site, IF your standing up. heh. Grab the tape run back, no option at all to mention anything.
This is my first game of NV and it's been a year or more since I played F3 and used the GECK, so I can't remember how to find the Quests section to find the quest stage just before I reported back to Andy. Got a post in Official forums for about a day now, trying to get either the code or the location of Quests in GECK, so I can reset to the stage to "Report Back to Andy".

There's a second one involving Raul's companion quest and Loyal, if your in the middle of Volare you can't talk to Loyal about anything else. Reference, dialog lines Raul has to hear. This one may fix itself just by completing Volare, though according to the wiki there are even more bugs possible with Loyal, after the quest. Look Here.

Just after solving the quests for Novak, my save games became corrupt in a way that on loading, the loading wheel turns forever while the game never actually starts. This was my second attempt: I was already several hours more into the game when the same bug had appeared first, but I discovered that by first loading an uncorrupted game and only then a corrupted file, loading the game would still work. Unfortunately, after a few hours of gameplay more, the workaround stopped working and I could not even enter new areas any more.

I use the PC, Steam version, latest update, tried erasing the cache and checking local files to no avail. Anyway, I just deinstalled the whole game after experiencing the same game stopping bug twice. Not sure whether I will ever give it another try, but I hope they manage to fix these bugs eventually.

Thanks. I guess I was luckier than you since I didn't have those problems. Still those bugs should be addressed. Hopefully one day they will or some modder will do it for them (if they haven't already).

Grabbing the DLC's today and have been fixing my modlist.

...stuff about Ranger Andy quest...
IIRC, that quest is not in the quest log but in the notes log and as such never has any actual quest updates on screen. However, if you do the recon run you will be rewarded.
Ranger Andy thanks you and teaches you a close combat technique called Ranger Take-Down. No recollection if you get any XP from it, I'm guessing not. Helping those in need is its own reward. ;)

I'm thinking most of the bugs and broken quests people complain about aren't really bugs or broken quests, they're but misconceptions. Sure there are bugs in F:NV, but the situation isn't nearly as bad as some people make it out to be. (Either that or I have been fantastically lucky wrt to bugs and F:NV.)

Actually, I'm envious of your mostly bug free game skavenhorde. ;)

I never really blame Obsidian for the bugs in there games, anymore than I did Trokia. I realize they are hired guns/contract killers. They don't have much say in timelines, budgets, PR, Q&A and Bug Fix Lists those all are dictated to them by the publisher of the moment. Oh, sure I bash my miniature Chris Avellone squeaky toy, but that's normal, right?

There are already some really great mods in the Top 100 Most Endorsed.

Please tell me you guys are using Willow? She is quite possibly the best companion ever written in a game, damn sure from a mod. She was written, voiced and modded by llamaRCA. She did an excellent job bringing her to life. Extremely well written quests and her voice range of emotion is pretty amazing. I could swear it's professional quality. :hug:

Oh defiantly New Vegas Bounties 1, there's a 2 but haven't loaded it yet. I hear he got a lot of help with the voice talent for the second, as he did all the voice work on the first.

Edited, puncuation.

Last edited:
Never heard of Willow before. I normally avoid companion mods, but I'll try that one out next time. Thanks.

Grabbed Willow this morning. Been conservative with companionmods so far but I miss a full scale party so much I don't care if the ingamebalance is screwed up because of it.

IIRC, that quest is not in the quest log but in the notes log and as such never has any actual quest updates on screen. However, if you do the recon run you will be rewarded.
Ranger Andy thanks you and teaches you a close combat technique called Ranger Take-Down. No recollection if you get any XP from it, I'm guessing not. Helping those in need is its own reward. ;)

I'm thinking most of the bugs and broken quests people complain about aren't really bugs or broken quests, they're but misconceptions. Sure there are bugs in F:NV, but the situation isn't nearly as bad as some people make it out to be. (Either that or I have been fantastically lucky wrt to bugs and F:NV.)

I understand your concern, but I'm pretty through and cautious. I actually earned that Ranger Takedown move just through
initial dialog of asking about himself, his injuries and telling him he's still tougher than most in the Mohave.
Here's the reward for completing Ranger Station Charlie..
Listening to the audio logs, there's a warning from the Legion to the Rangers, also explaining that one of the female rangers, Stella, was taken as a hostage after the raid. She can later be fought as an opponent in the legion arena at The Fort). Bringing these audio logs back to Ranger Andy will increase your standing with Novac and the NCR, and will give you 200 caps from the "Ranger Veteran Fund", as well as complete that unmarked quest

Edit: Damn, apologies about not using a spoiler initially, for RSC.

Last edited:
In case you make a pleasure run through you might look for the No Companion Limit, if you find your Hardcore run to restrictive on companions.

Hell Willow is more like a damn person, when she starts talking/barking stories or asks you to please stop so she can get a drink, I stop and listen. Some places she'll be sort of scared to wander around in but follows you like a champ.

My biggest concern is when you first get her near Primm, she doesn't crouch till you have officially joined together as a team. This doesn't happen till you get her Beauty back, which at level 4 to 7, can be a pretty tough trek to get to two locations on her note. The second location and final location is just south of NoVac. Since I'm a Stealth player I headed there strait away, can't have a companion blowing my cover, no matter how cute, charming and adorable. ;)

I actually earned that Ranger Takedown move just through
initial dialog of asking about himself, his injuries and telling him he's still tougher than most in the Mohave.
Ah, I didn't know about that one (don't read wikis that much). So there are two ways of getting that move. Cool.

The Willow mod looks interesting but I'm really turned off by the whole 16 year old pinup girl look. When I think post-nuclear wasteland, the last thing to spring to mind is perfect skin.

It's true Drithius shes probably a bit too clean, even if they do have showers in Post Apocalypse New Vegas and her hair to stays combed even in the toughest gun battles against the wild beasts and mutants. ;)
I just find it hard to base my decision on these factors, since I haven't seen too much modding focusing on grimy and dirty, much less good ones. Personally I don't try to make an ugly PC, since I only play females in RPGS (if I have a choice). I just can't force myself to run around for 40+ hours looking at a guy's ass.
I also use hair and modified skin Normals (usually come in nude skin and face mods) but to me it's really more about art. I'm just not sure PC games engines are to a point where they can create really high detailed skin, while being dirty and grimy or hair that reacts to wind and physics for artistic sake of realism. However, I do think it would be pretty cool, when this technology happens.

Believe it or not, I actually didn't get her because of her looks, but due to all the high praise. I've actually never heard of a companion mod being voted mod of the month her first month. Well one that is fully voiced, extremely well written and several very well done quests covering a wide range of realistic friendship/courtship (if your into NPC interaction) stages and emotions.

I'm probably heaping too much praise so apologizes about sounding like a raging fanboy. I've honestly never encountered a companion mod this well done, especially on initial release. Like I said, it's not perfect there are some issues but llamaRCA seems to work diligently to resolve them in the forums. Just in case I sound like I'm her PR agent or something, no I've never had any contact with her before a couple of weeks ago (just posted about my praise and concerns) and have nothing to do with the mod.

Hah, honestly my first couple of posts didn't really go over too well with her. I was pretty adamant about the issue of her not crouching and constantly exposing me/us. :mad:

Oh and her outfit, is part of the Questline/Backstory which she won't remove or wear other clothes even if you put them in her inventory. This is due to reasons I won't spoiler, which the player discovers as the quest/friendship develops.

Back
Top Bottom