RPGWatch Forums - View Single Post - The Darkness Below: a retro CRPG in the making
View Single Post

January 11th, 2021, 05:37
Originally Posted by Kordanor View Post
Individually the graphics look pretty amazing!

I just don't think that they match too well.

The landscape looks very comic-style.
The characters a bit more realistic, but still somewhat fit.
The interface also seems to fit to more to the characters.
Until you open the Game Setting menu. That one still fits somewhat to the characters but is already too far away from the landscape comic-style.
And the title screen looks like a digitized photo, which maybe fits a bit to the game settig menu, maybe a little bit to the characters, but it's on the complete opposite spectrum compared to the world graphics.
Thanx for the useful feedback & good words. I'm continually working to match appropriate graphics for everything, though newer features might still require additional visual love. I still implement time-consuming functionality and graphical perfection is out of my plans at the moment, just what improves on last attempts seems good enough to move on to be able to provide a working demo in time. I'm always open to constructive criticism, especially if those criticisms comes from numerous people.

Originally Posted by TheRealFluent View Post
looks fantastic, man! can't wait to play! love the genre and the graphical style is quite beautiful regardless if you aren't that type of artist first. cheers!
Thanx man! Glad you're liking it in its current state. I'm working hard to a fully functional demo to gather a complete feedback.
--
Check my Patreon

vlzvl

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)