Two Worlds II - Patch On The Way

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Currently they're collecting the bugs and the wishes of the community.

How about the wish of the community that the game have the full world size as depicted in the world map you released a while back with the Two Worlds II logo on it, making it look so official and final? The current game is not even 1/3rd as big as promised in that map.

I read instead of "Patch on the way"

"Patch of the Day" ! :lol:

Okay, let's vote now : Which Patch of the last decade was the best ? :lol:

Ugh, relax with the "full world size" crap. It is that big, it's just not all single player content. Shouldn't bother you unless you can't access multiplayer...

No it isnt.

More like "it's just not all content, at all." The "black" parts on this map shows what's unused: http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/c6t6-l.jpg. Red is SP, Blue MP.. quite a lot of content there that they never said would be impossible to access in SP or even at all.

Apparently after seeing and thinking whoa I would love to explore the largest landmass in the game then told you cant.I guess its fare because you have the two smaller islands with less than 100 quest which are basically kill these fetch this and repeat going back and forth a barren landscape with only two cities and three towns.So much for a game that was supposed to wow us.Sorry for the negative attitude but rpgs lately are depressing.

Why is that every Two Worlds thread here on the Watch is being hijacked by the "World Map Doesn't Represent True Landmass" folk?

We know about it. Enough already.

Quite a lot of content there that they never said would be impossible to access in SP or even at all.

Did they ever said "Hello folks, this roughly hand-drawn world map of which there are several versions that look completely different are immensely precise and accurate representations of actual in-game content! We are contradicting ourselves in this sentence but we still stand by our statements!"? Probably not.

I can understand your disappointment because you had an idea about the game that didn't really get into the game. But it still seems like a big game to me. What if that World Map was built on a scale of 1cm = 3cm. Now that wouldn't have been a big game, correct? What I mean is that judging a game's size by a cloth/paper/artwork world map may not have been the smartest thing to do in the first place.

Now let's move on, m'kay?

My only complaint with the map is it's too linear. Think they can knock down some of the damn mountains with a patch? :p

Best patch ever? Maybe the "true" patch made by the community for Vampire: The Masquerade -- Bloodlines. Not sure if Wesp made that one, too, but I'm not a huge fan of all of the content he added in his big one. Wesp should get some kind of lifetime achievement award, though. :p

TheGameSquid, you can't say "enough already" and then come up with arguments ;)

Tell me, which other RPG devs has done this with any open-world RPG, you try to make it sound like it's very common. I'd love to hear :)

Which other RPG devs brags about how big landmass the game has, that it's bigger than the previous game (when it's in fact not)?

I'm thinking anyone who's defending this is not one of their fans, but someone new to the series that hasnt followed TW2 for the latest ~3 years at all. You think you have the right to defend it because you've never cared for it until recently?

If Bethesda had done the same to TES or FO, wow, they'd never get respected ever again by their fans.

If you could explore the whole map in the previous game, why would anyone think you couldnt with the new game, espeically if the devs doesnt say otherwise either.

Why is that every Two Worlds thread here on the Watch is being hijacked by the "World Map Doesn't Represent True Landmass" folk?

We know about it. Enough already.

Did they ever said "Hello folks, this roughly hand-drawn world map of which there are several versions that look completely different are immensely precise and accurate representations of actual in-game content! We are contradicting ourselves in this sentence but we still stand by our statements!"? Probably not.

I can understand your disappointment because you had an idea about the game that didn't really get into the game. But it still seems like a big game to me. What if that World Map was built on a scale of 1cm = 3cm. Now that wouldn't have been a big game, correct? What I mean is that judging a game's size by a cloth/paper/artwork world map may not have been the smartest thing to do in the first place.

Now let's move on, m'kay?

Apparently you don't understand the largest area of the game in unplayable.In a game like two worlds 2 that is unacceptable.As stated if Bethesda gave you a huge map to play and all of a sudden say sorry half the content cant be played on the map.How would you feel.They also promised other things which somehow were absent from the previews.This game doesn't deserve a sore over 70% and thats being generous.So don't tell the people who were lied to and excepted what was promised after so many delays.Your attitude and opinion is the same as the ceo of topware and he has made many enemies on the forums.Also saying they will patch in options and data that should of been in the game is a terrible decision.

Wow I had no idea about the land map having so many unplayable areas for single player.

When I first saw the map I got all excited there was so much to explore. Now Im not even sure I will buy the game.

Thank god I didn't pre-order it!

To me, this whole argument is crazy!! Who cares if you can't visit the WHOLE map, if what you CAN visit provides an entertaining and enjoyable game!! It's a petty point. If what is supplied in the SP game is terrible, then complain, but if what is actually there is fun, then you are getting your money's worth!! I could travel everywhere in Dungeon Lords, but felt totally ripped off by the lack of content.

I agree with Corwin. The important thing is "quality" not "quantity". What is the point of a vast world if you can't fill it with enough content. Think Gothic 3, after spending 100 hours in the game, I was bored of walking in the same forests, caves, same random loot, same monsters, same repetitive boring quests. Gothic 2 offers much much small area. But, nearly all Gothic fans prefer G2 over G3. Also, Two Worlds 1 offers entire map. But, some of the area consists of mindless killing. Not a single quest in them.

As stated if Bethesda gave you a huge map to play and all of a sudden say sorry half the content cant be played on the map.

Guys, stop crying about half the CONTENT being absent in the final game. It's just half the MAP, and the map is not all the content in the game. If there was a patch to repair that mistake and bring Eikronas island back to SP mode, do you think there would be more quests to do? Of course there wouldn't. There would just be less content per square kilometer. So, it's not that terrible and the game deserves well over 70% scores.
How many of you played the campaign in the MP mode? Well, I may be slow, but it took me about 10 hours to finish half of it. I assume, the whole campaign may take up to 20 hours. Pretty much, huh? That campaign is of course only hack'n'slash, without thrilling story. And that's exactly what you'd get if Eikronas was available in SP. The same amount of quests, more exploring, fighting mobs, looting.

Only certain areas of the world map accessible in a RPG? Sacrilege, BioWare and CDProject would never do that! I am sorry if some people felt mislead by certain information, but it really seems more important how large / content rich the accessible area is than how large the non-accessible area is. Comments on that?

I can see the issue of the map not being a faithful representation of content, but I must say I think people are blowing it out of proportion.

The game is pretty big, and there are lots of people enjoying the content that IS there. It's also been pretty cheap - and the gameplay seems solid.

I see no reason to believe this was some kind of developer conspiracy to get people to buy it, because then they'd have made a crappy game with little effort. Obviously, for such a relatively small team, this game has been made with a TON of effort - and they've even made a large multiplayer mode which is pretty unprecedented in the open world singleplayer RPG genre. Something that I've longed for, for a long time.

Too bad they didn't just make it a single experience to be shared - but at least they did something special.

Also, I'd rather have a small area with dense content, than a large empty area like we got with Two Worlds. MUCH rather, actually.

But, yes, it was a mistake to make the map show large areas you can't actually explore. A big mistake, I will concede. But I don't think it was with malicious intent or for greed reasons - I'm just not getting that vibe from those guys.

Why not just deal with the disappointment and try to see this from a slightly less aggressive point of view?

It's pretty big, and the two big cities I've explored (New Ashos and Hatmandor) have lots of quests. Quite a few of those quests also have interesting storylines and good voice acting. They're definitely above the average FedEx or kill quests.

With an add-on similar to NotR - which adds content to the existing game instead of just a new, closed off area - Two Worlds 2 could become fantastic to be honest. There is a lot of potential here.

Also, the argument is silly. If the developers had simply not shown the whole map, but instead included it in multiplayer games only, noone would be complaining.

I
If the developers had simply not shown the whole map, but instead included it in multiplayer games only, noone would be complaining.

If they hadn't hyped how big the map is, telling how it's 30% bigger than TW1 etc no one would complain because it's not lying to your customers. It wouldnt have been enough excluding the MP map.. it's not the only part of the game map that isnt used for SP, much of it isnt used at all.

Nah sorry i'm have very little understanding of how can defend devs that are straight out lying about the content of their game, that's absolutely not acceptable, no matter if the content that's there is good or not. They definetely did it to hype the game, and not because they "forgot", and that's also not acceptable.

Last edited:
Exactly, if they hadn't hyped how big the map is, telling how it's 30% bigger than TW1 etc no one would complain because it's not lying to your customers.

Nah sorry i'm have very little understanding of how can defend devs that are straight out lying about the content of their game, that's absolutely not acceptable, no matter if the content that's there is good or not. They definetely did it to hype the game, and not because they "forgot", and that's also not acceptable.

Could you provide a developer quote that says singleplayer has 30% more landmass than Two Worlds?

Back
Top Bottom