Return of the Daily Smile

I think the joxer will like this one:
social_media.png

pibbur who notices that at the time of writing (but before posting) our Sith Lord was the origin of 9 out of 10 posts shown on the front page. This is in no way related to this joke.

d_b_cooper.png

pibbur who thinks one of them could be the Ripper (the one called Jack) if they were old enough.

That's a very popular cartoon for cryptography and security types. It's what is sometimes referred to as rubber hose cryptography, and a reminder that the weakest link in your security system is almost certainly the "wetware".

A security follow up:

security_question.png

pibbur who admits this one is actually about something completely different, but who just had to post it.

The update about The Catastrophe, in the Encased Kickstarter, for some reason made me think of the Quiz Broadcast…

@Winterfart; mentioned some things to watch to @TheRealFluent;, the other day. He mentioned Brasseye, which was a British comedy from the '90s. It was considered one of the most influential comedies since Monty Python, but I've noticed that many people have never seen them. Not everyone's cup of tea, but one of my favourites.

A couple of clips - silly, dark, and slightly NSFW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1DJpDrT2Xk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO9jGsgPTsk

unfulfilling_toys.png

pibbur who thinks some developers at some time may have had some comparable design ideas. And released it.

PS: I was considering adding cars without a stick (and a clutch pedal) as another example, but I fear that I will disagree with that in a couple of … (weeks|months|years) DS.

PPS: The yo-yo seems kind of cool. DS.

Last edited:
Well if you were a pirate in the early 2000's you know whats funny.:ahoy:

hvdvvjt45vn11.png

6_6_time.png

pibbur who is reminded of the planet "Gethen" in "The Left Hand of Darkness" (Ursula Le Guin) which he just finished reading. The calendar was a bit peculiar as "the years are not numbered sequentially in increasing order, but the current year is always referred to as "Year One", and the others are counted as years before or after this standpoint." (Wikipedia).

bluetooth.png

pibbur who knows that in reality the technology takes its name from a tenth century Danish king (Norwegian king wannabe) with bad teeth.

I'm always McReady for a good horror movie.

rock_wall.png

In this case it's worth quoting the mouseover text which normally is available only when you visit the xkcd site: "I don't trust mantle/core geologists because I suspect that, if they ever get a chance to peel away the earth's crust, they'll do it in a heartbeat. "

pibbur who thinks going to the to the core would be a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

Back
Top Bottom