Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Illuvatar

Watcher
W.A.R. IS COMING!

topCenterImage.jpg

Title: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning
Developer: Mythic Entertainment / EA (known from Dark Age of Camelot)
ETA: Somewhere in 2007

W.A.R. : Warhammer Age of Reckoning

Mythic Entertainment is working on Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning (W.A.R. from now on) for some time now. They bought the rights to develop a mmorpg based on the Warhammer IP (Fantasy, not 40k). They work closely with Games Workshop, to ensure that everything will be as authentic as possible.

Warhammer_Logo_Background.jpg

The main focus will be on the pvp portion of the game, allthough pve is still a viable way to go in the game. This is not a surprise, seeing that the game that made Mythic 'famous' (Dark Age of Camelot) is also a pvp-heavy mmorpg. It will not be as unforgiving as Darkfall Online (looting of players, open pvp in all zones), but also not as mainstream as WoW's pvp.

A Dwarf:

dwarf_05.jpg

Some people will say that it looks alot like WoW (and who can blame them?) but Blizzard openly admitted that they borrowed heavily from the Warhammer IP when they created the Warcraft universum.

There are many more features to be discussed when it comes to W.A.R. (you can get trophies from fallen opponents in pvp, that you can use as decorations for your armor, the raiding of cities, the public quest system, etc) but I think it's more fun to discuss in this thread!

Looks very promising, especially that its being done by Mythic. I will definately check it out though and I ,of course like most everyone else here probably, am hoping to get into an early beta period :)

Back
Top Bottom