Eschalon: Book 1 - Hands-on Inpressions @ Official Forums

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Basilisk Games has allowed a beta tester and forum member to post some short observations about Eschalon, and the thread continues with some discussion and further details:
First off, the screenshots don't do the game true justice, it looks great. I'd say it's just slightly ahead of the game Arcanum in it's general graphic presentation, but with some really beautiful effects (eg from explosions, smoke, lighting).

Traveling through the game is quite lovely. The background music is the right balance of ambience and actual style and detail, which gives great character to one's travels. This added with very nice environmental effects light torchlight in the dark and fireflies floating about at night, just breathes life into the game. So this is not some half-realised project, it's very full and atmospheric. Setting up camp at night really feels like you're camping.
Thanks Sanday and Thomas!
More information.

Wow sounds nice!
Looking foward mode activated ;)

Just to note that this was brought up yesterday in a thread here.

Looks good! Graphics are excelent for an indie and it is turnbased. Thanks for the info on this one, Drhuin--it had escaped my notice.
Some screenies and info here also.

How could you have missed it?? We post updates about it every week on the News page!! Hey Dhruin, time to increase the font size for the news!! :biggrin:

How could you have missed it?? We post updates about it every week on the News page!! Hey Dhruin, time to increase the font size for the news!! :biggrin:

Yes, to something like THIS perhaps...

Don't know how I missed it, mate. Sometimes the eyeballs don't connect with the brain cells all that well any more. Anyway, looks like a promising title. :)

Increase font size only of most promising stuff ;).
Anyway it would be nice to read somekind of Interview or other article on this subcject made by Watch.
Or you should try to get this build and write your impressions and of course send beta to me. ;)

Back
Top Bottom