ATOM RPG - Trudograd Sneak Peak

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The latest update for ATOM RPG offers a sneak peak at the Trudograd expansion.

Sneak peek at Trudograd
1c9932ba12638bd0eb23ecd6dd5cc238c1b1c231.jpg

Hello, friends!

Today, we wish to share with you the work we've done on Atom RPG's standalone addon Trudograd so far.

ba13c19e914178bce4ef71a6dbadeb1d5525f8a3.jpg

7f6742023031d670161b1c467aa269ccb74b383c.jpg

An uncommon point of view for our game, but it demonstrates the new abilities of our engine well.

Here is some concept art for the game. We rely on it when creating new locations.

[...]
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

Anyone play both ATOM and Underrail? I loved Underrail and was wondering how ATOM compares.
I shared my opinion a few months back before the last few patches and free content.:)

It's definitely an Indie RPG made on small budget and they succeeded.

ATOM RPG

Pros:

• Captures the feel of classic RPGs like Fallout & Wasteland
  • Good Character customization that affects gameplay
  • Freedom of choice when completing quests
  • Funny characters and dialog
  • New content added for Free
Cons:

• Graphics are mediocre
  • Most Areas look and feel small
  • Terrible AI
  • Clunky interface
Bottom-line if you enjoyed Fallout 1&2 then yes it's a must play.

But you're not comparing it to underrail - the question isn't how is atom but how does atom compare to ....

I shared my opinion a few months back before the last few patches and free content.:)

It's definitely an Indie RPG made on small budget and they succeeded.

ATOM RPG

Pros:

• Captures the feel of classic RPGs like Fallout & Wasteland
  • Good Character customization that affects gameplay
  • Freedom of choice when completing quests
  • Funny characters and dialog
  • New content added for Free
Cons:

• Graphics are mediocre
  • Most Areas look and feel small
  • Terrible AI
  • Clunky interface
Bottom-line if you enjoyed Fallout 1&2 then yes it's a must play.

it is not really the same game.

Underrail has a deeper story but has basic graphics.
ATOM is very close to fallout 1-2 and looks quite good.
I think both games are great !

I have played both and while different I enjoyed both of them.

Underrail has old Vogel's games feel to it. More complete game world and complex mechanics.

ATOM has a distinctive "russian gamedev" feel to it. Unless you grew up in Soviet Union a lot of "charming humor" will fly over your head.

ATOM is a good game, but Underrail, IMO, is a better one.

I haven't had the chance to play ATOM rpg yet but it looks good to me and I will likely buy this expansion when released, to have a complete experience when I do play it.

I haven't had the chance to play ATOM rpg yet but it looks good to me and I will likely buy this expansion when released, to have a complete experience when I do play it.

It is already a complete experience, you don't have to wait the expansion, it will be standalone after all.

I played about 100 h of the ATOM RPG so far and I'm in the last stretch. Had restart after about 25 h because I had killed the companion dog (which is completely useless, but you know, a boy and his dog…).
The graphics are serviceable and definitely not bad. I especially like the details on all the unique maps. Combat maps are drawn from a pool and will recur.
The only weak spot of the game is combat. It's just aim and shoot with percentages taken from skill with a weapon and range. But that is taken straight from Fallout (including friendly fire from companions).
All in all, this is Fallout 2.0 and I love it!

I just started ATOM RPG. Both games give that Fallout Vibe, Atom RPG looks in its UI and graphics even more fallout like then Underrail. My initial impressions is that Underrail has a huge interconnected openworld and much deeper exploration. Atom RPG has a world map locations, and is so far more quest oriented, I'd say, but I'm only about 4 hours in or so.

Thanks for the replies all. I think I will have to give ATOM a go. Seems like a game I would enjoy. Just replayed Fallout 1&2 and still loved them.

Oddly noone said something like:
Atom RPG is more Fallout than Outer Worlds.

And it is.
And I love it becaus of that.
And I'll play the bloody expansion although I wanted to see Atom 2.

One very rare example of amazing games still being created nowadays. Superb visuals and excellent harmony of skills in this development team!! They deserve all the income they get!

Atom RPG Welcome to Trudograd Trailer

ATOM is extremely similar to Fallout 1. I played and completed Fallout earlier in the year and also played ATOM around the same time. ATOM is a Russian Fallout, plain and simple. They executed it quite well, it's a good game, but it's basically Falloit 1.5 imo.

I'm looking forward to dipping into ATOM at some point. I keep seeing updates and such for the game, when that's all done with I plan on spending some serious time getting to know that world =).

I'm looking forward to dipping into ATOM at some point. I keep seeing updates and such for the game, when that's all done with I plan on spending some serious time getting to know that world =).
Well you can play Atom as the main campaign is finished.

As the Trudograd expansion is a stand-alone /different story-line.

ATOM is extremely similar to Fallout 1. I played and completed Fallout earlier in the year and also played ATOM around the same time. ATOM is a Russian Fallout, plain and simple. They executed it quite well, it's a good game, but it's basically Falloit 1.5 imo.

It's also very sloppily written, which FO isn't. It's good if you want some FO'ish combat, but not good for story, characters.. Exploration is fine i guess, not fantastic. It's also kind of dumb RPG-wise, like if you want to be good at using guns you need to build a character with very good STR it seems, while on the other hand swinging a big club, that's something a character who's weak can be good at.

It's also very sloppily written, which FO isn't. It's good if you want some FO'ish combat, but not good for story, characters.. Exploration is fine i guess, not fantastic. It's also kind of dumb RPG-wise, like if you want to be good at using guns you need to build a character with very good STR it seems, while on the other hand swinging a big club, that's something a character who's weak can be good at.
Yeah but for a game made with only $33,521 at the beginning the Russian developer did a good job. I would like to see what they could do with a bigger budget.:)

Back
Top Bottom