Deus EX: Mankind Divided new gameplay footage

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
There was a couple of hands-on preview today (you can find the whole list here) and someone made a video showing some new stuff compared to DX:HR.

The video is found here.

My favorite part is that health is now a green bar and that the energy bar is a blue bar that is recharged via biocells. Looks like Jensen got upgrade by the same people who made JC.

Yes, the energy system was one of the weakest aspects of HR. I don't know if this is necessarily better, as it will depend on how they limit the recharge mechanic. But there's hope :)

The textures and overall visuals look really good. Definitely an improvement over DX: HR.

I don't care for the Icarus Dash ability though. It just seems very derivative. Hopefully the other new abilities are a little more imaginative.

I don't care for the Icarus Dash ability though. It just seems very derivative. Hopefully the other new abilities are a little more imaginative.

I guess they didn't design this with what JDR wants in mind ;)

Looks like Jensen got upgrade by the same people who made JC.
Jensen needs no upgrade.
Just a flower of pot to explain his voice I adore!

It might be derivative of other games (it mix Dishonored Blink and Mass Effect Charge in term of features) but it is going to give a lot more option to traverse the maps and not force you to do so many backtracking to find the right way up that ledge which DX:MD seems to have a lot of (and from the look of it, not just elevators to get to objectives).

Also, charging into people is always fun.

I think it looks cool, too. I mean derivative? How about cloaking, then? ;)

But if it lets me access hidden places, I'm all for it. I loved Blink in Dishonored too.

Yeah, I guess you could say the same about cloaking, but to be fair, that's always been a part of the DX series.

I just hope there are enough enemies with special abilities as well. One of my main concerns is the game becoming too easy once Jensen obtains most of these powers.

I think some of this stuff is just there for the wow factor, but I hope I'm wrong about that.

I'd agree with that.

I thought DX:HR was reasonably challenging for a stealth approach, and I don't want to be overpowered too soon.

I don't mind being a bit overpowered towards the end of the game, though - as I take that as a natural reward for investing wisely.

I don't mind being a bit overpowered towards the end of the game, though - as I take that as a natural reward for investing wisely.

Unfortunately, investing wisely wasn't something anyone had to worry about in DX:HR due to the overabundance of Praxis points.

I'm hoping we actually have to make choices in Mankind Divided, but I won't be holding my breath. ;)

Unfortunately, investing wisely wasn't something anyone had to worry about in DX:HR due to the overabundance of Praxis points.

I'm hoping we actually have to make choices in Mankind Divided, but I won't be holding my breath. ;)

Very true, there were too many points in DX:HR.

I also hope they've improved that part of the game.

Hmm i thought gameplay looked quite similar to DX HR. Ofcourse if you were expecting something else…

I just don't like the weird glow which surrounds every interactive object. It looks so fake and plastic. And the ui is quite heavy and not in a good way. I sure hope they give us an option to disable those command prompts and objective locators.

I just don't like the weird glow which surrounds every interactive object. It looks so fake and plastic. And the ui is quite heavy and not in a good way. I sure hope they give us an option to disable those command prompts and objective locators.

DX:HR had menu options to toggle object highlighting and objective locators. I assume MD will have those options as well.

I thought the video looked pretty good. Better than previous footage I've seen, and that's just the PS4 version.

DX:HR had menu options to toggle object highlighting and objective locators. I assume MD will have those options as well.

It's the same company making the port, so we can expect similar PC features...I hope.

Indeed, DX HR had such option. The game would have been so annoying to play if there was no option to disable the horrible yellow glow. I hope this sequel will have such options as well.

It seems the game is not selling well. Pretty damn odd, even with poor marketing, Deus Ex is well known.

Back
Top Bottom