Bioshock - PC Blowout and Music Interview

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The Cult of the Rapture covers the PC version of Bioshock specifically in a feature called PC Blowout. Apparently Irrational's Australian studio (presumably under the excellent Jonathon Chey) is responsible for the PC version and they have screens of the interface changes, a podcast, detailed specs and a Q&A on DX9 vs DX10, dual core vs single core and so on:
You've heard a lot about BioShock in the past few months, and seen a ton of footage and screenshots from the Xbox 360™ version of the game. And while both PC and 360 look alike, Irrational has spent a ton of time (and used most of their Australia office staff) creating an amazing and unique experience for the PC gamer. Rethinking the HUD from the ground up and retooling the controls to work perfectly with a keyboard and mouse, the PC version of BioShock deserves its own moment to shine. Which I am now giving you.
In other Bioshock news, Music 4 Games has an interview with composer Garry Schyman.
More information.

What? You mean a company that is actually designing different interfaces for different platforms? What a unique concept. Hey Bethesda?!? You might want to read this.

nice podcast. does anyone know if the collectors edition is available for preorder? gothic 3 was the last game i preordered and there's only been a couple others ever, but i must have this one.

Yeah, the PC interface looks great and utterly funny, too. Great chaps at Irrational.

Where's the PC HUD?

When it comes to easing fears that people have about the game, they certainly are saying the right things.

I'd love to see some side-by-side shots of the DX10 version versus the DX9 version. I saw some shots of Lost Planet and you could just barely tell the difference.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom