Risen - Official German Release - October 2nd

Hurray!!
Now please announce no DRM and I'll be the 1st one to pre-order.

Definitely,they won't risk the NA market again.
They'd prefer to test it on the Germans 1st.

I think the dates will be the same or just a few weeks earlier for the German version. I absolutely don't believe in the 'first NA theory' when Amazon puts on a date.

Due to localization it is doubtful that Germany wouldn't get it before any English territory.

Unless P.B. decided to focus on English first for the first time ever then its not possible.

By the way, the latest gameplay video can be found right here. It presents a nice overview of combat, spells, multiple solutions to deactivate or get around traps in dungeons, the lockpicking mini-game, pickpocketing and... a lot of gnomes :) .

Thanks for the link - that is wonderful! Great news, I hope that is enough time to polish it all up. Also hope the English release isn't too much behind.

As for retail release dates ... there are still places that have the Orb & the Oracle for late June ... of 2009, no less.

By the way, the latest gameplay video can be found right here .

Looks Great ! Magic seems to be much more interesting this time round and I do hope
that there are multiple solutions to some of the passages they demoed.

Still the combat system remains a concern... Looks a bit static and repetitive... Lets hope
they get the balance right this time...

P.S thanks Moriendor

By the way, the latest gameplay video can be found right here. It presents a nice overview of combat, spells, multiple solutions to deactivate or get around traps in dungeons, the lockpicking mini-game, pickpocketing and... a lot of gnomes :) .
Thanks for the video. The main character looks like a buddhist monk, he can levitate too. And I guess that snail form is his next reincarnation in life? ;)
Dungeons looked interesting with the traps and the magic based solutions for them. It was also nice to see there was a female npc with spoken dialogue. Gothic 2 and 3 were bizarro lands when it came to gender representation (the first one was in prison colony but anyway).

Great news!

I like the video. Looks good. As mentioned already - hopefully they still have time to polish a bit, remove the last bugs and what not.

By the way, do we know anything about the character they played in the video? Was that a character from an actual playthrough, or just some demo character? If it was from an actual playthrough, it seems we can become "jack of all trades" again (like in Gothic 3) instead of the more pure paths of Gothic 1-2 (though Paladin/Templar had both - perhaps this is an Inquisitor kind of guy, which may resemble Paladin/Templar in terms of magic/melee).

Oh, and lockpicking seems to be identical to G1-2, but with a bar to display where you go wrong.

Looks awesome
The transform spell is back and usefull
the levitate part :)
combat seems like always, don't mind it.
Too bad that the gnomes have become the goblins, don't seems like much more, but the intelligent ogre is nice, just like ur'shak in G1 :p
I can't wait

Great news!

I like the video. Looks good. As mentioned already - hopefully they still have time to polish a bit, remove the last bugs and what not.

Somebody from DS confirmed at WoR is feature complete and has been in beta for a couple of weeks. GameStar played such a feature complete version.

This definitely looks good! It reminds me of Gothic 3, but a lot better. You know, more Gothicy and with a better engine. If they really do manage to concentrate more on smaller areas with more details than a huge world, this is gonna be a great title that I cannot miss. But, this time I'm gonna wait for some of the user reviews here.

Loca info:

VL = full loca
TL = English + translated subtitles

No CE for XB360!

Pretty much all games Deep Silver sells has DRM except for a few exceptions.

Wouldn't go expecting Risen to not have any.
If that's the case then I won't buy it.
Maybe I'll wait for a patch to remove DRM or I'll buy and a 360.
It's a shame cause it looks the game I've been waiting since 2004 :(

Have not play for a looooong while...saving up for a new rig for a nice b-day present. Hope this one has interesting quests and plot.

Back
Top Bottom