Krater

After trying to talk to about 15 NPC's that would not respond, I just deleted it. If you're not ready for 'prime time' let your game cook a little longer and save us the trouble.

But this game has huge potential, so get onto polishing. Sorry if I was too harsh.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have the same thoughts. I would rather have a world to travel between locations than sliding along using Mount and Blades method to go places. Maybe more world is planned but you are right the potential is there.
Also, I hate random encounters with monsters who kill your party with a couple hits.

I finally got to play the Beta for awhile tonight, and I thought it was pretty good, especially for being pre-Alpha code.

The random encounters in the world map are indeed pretty hard, and you really need to know when to run away.

The only thing I really didn't like was how the fog-of-war and monsters would instantly reset if you exited and re-entered a cave.

Also.. is it not possible to pause during battles?

I just got an answer from a dev on Krater forum about my inquiry on a mac port of Krater.
The mac port is for real and it's planned for this summer.

Yeah there will be a Mac version later this summer! Sorry for the late reply!

Yeah, I have the same thoughts. I would rather have a world to travel between locations than sliding along using Mount and Blades method to go places. Maybe more world is planned but you are right the potential is there.
Also, I hate random encounters with monsters who kill your party with a couple hits.
We have made them much more balanced now. We are also adding positive random encounter so you can meet travelling salesmen and so forth.

/Martin

www.kratergame.com

After trying to talk to about 15 NPC's that would not respond, I just deleted it. If you're not ready for 'prime time' let your game cook a little longer and save us the trouble.

But this game has huge potential, so get onto polishing. Sorry if I was too harsh.
Yeah I agree it was very ealry but we wanted to get some feedback early so we could adapt to peoples opinions. If we had polished it before we allowed people to try it we wouldnt have had any chance to actually act on feedback until after the release.

Krater is amusing in the way it does things, and if you have the right sense of humor, it might make you laugh. But sadly the game lacks a certain depth. Part of that is your inability to make or even choose your characters, their lack of personality, and your lack of emotional investment in the game. It's a decent time killer if you catch it on sale. I wouldn't pay any more than $4 or $5 for it, though. ^.^

Back
Top Bottom