NWN2 Crafting.

Neverwinter Nights 2

Acleacius

SasqWatch
Is there a consensus on which are the 3 best Elemental damage modifier's Fire, Acid, Ice or Lightening?

Thanks. :)

I vote (1) acid, (2) electrical, (3) fire, (4) cold. I haven't run across anything that has both acid and electrical immunity.

Thanks, since I'm dualing picked Fire, Acid, Lighting and Ice, Acid, Lighting, so should be covered, just in case. :)

In regards to Enchanting is there a good reason why a Bow can't be Enchanted, as I see plenty to purchase or maybe messed up the attempt, could have sworn it said, "not valid" or something close.

Thanks. :)

I prefer lightning, makes a nifty sound and hardly anyone is resistant to it. Also makes the weapon glow white, which is nice.

Glowy weapons! My favorite. :)

My copy is in the process of being shipped--can't wait.

Crafting-related spoiler:

In MotB, it's possible to get two Shadow of the Void essences. Use Eternal Rest on both SotV's that come up when you resolve the Crematorium situation the good way (when they're Near Death). You'll just have to hold off one of 'em for five minutes until the cooldown passes, which would be hard if they could actually score a hit every once in a while, but as it is it's just... waiting. (Normally SotV's only give brilliant spirit essences, so AFAICT you can't get any more from the ones one level down.)

Is there a consensus on which are the 3 best Elemental damage modifier's Fire, Acid, Ice or Lightening?
Put all four on a weapon, and simply buff up using the greater magic weapon spell for the +5 enchantment - it has a 1 hour per level duration.

At level 30, if you were to use an enchantment slot for the +8 enchantment you lose out on 5d6 elemental damage but if you do like I recommend you lose only +3 to hit and +3 damage.

Edit: This, of course, pertains only to epic levels.

Yes. Finding an item with a bonus that you can't create through enchanting and using up the rest of the slots is a very good strategy.

I never actually craft weapons - I just enchant basic weapons or weapons with a few enchants on them. Works like a charm.

Yeah, playing around with this a bit seems the best you can do is to take a basic weapon as Maylander suggest, to make either all four elemental damage types or three elemental damage types with a +8 to hit.

As KazikluBey mentions the +5 to the 4 elemental charged weapons, sounds pretty sweet, afaik +5 can hit all creatures in the game, though I am not sure as I haven't finished, nor have I tried to kill everything.

So wait- when you get a weapon from a shop or whatever, and it already has magical abilities, those don't count towards the 3/4 enchant slot limit? So if I find a weapon with +8 already, I can then enchant it with 4 different damage types?

My next character I want to be an EK with Perfect Two Weapon Fighting, and at least level 7 spells. It's going to be a challenge to put a build together! The idea will be to have lots of buffs like elemental sheild; premonition; greater heroism (although anyone can cast that on me, but I like to make soloable characters). Dual Weild weapons with massive elemntal damage using weapon finesse so I have a high AB; and also I want to get weapon focus and improved critical for ranged touch attacks and use the various ray attacks at range. Yes, they can crit.

Because my casting stat wont be that high, I want to avoid spells with saves, and focus on buffs and ray attacks to complement my sweet two weapon fighting abilities. I want my base classes to be fighter and sorceror, but I don't think there's any race that has a bonus to Dex and also favours either of those classes. So I'll either have to settle for Wiz instead of Sorc (I want Sorc because I want to have decent Cha, and high Bluff skill; I prefer Bluff to Intimidate) or take a race without a Dex bonus, and thus delay getting PTWF, or maybe go for something other than fighter as my warrior class. I could also just try to keep my fighter level within 1 of my sorc level.

These are some options I can see working:
Drow: Having bonuses to both Dex and Cha make them very appealing, I'd have to keep my Sorc level as high as my Sorc level, and lose a lot of Caster levels, though. I'd still get level 9 spells at some point, though, and I'd have plenty of feats to get all the stuff I want.

Air Genasi: A bit out of left field... Bonuses to Dex and Int and favoured class: Fighter mean that a Fither/Wiz/Ek version of my idea could work nicely. I really liek they way Air Genasi look as well, and would prefer to be an AG to a Drow.

Human: I think I'd just be straight up gimped for Stats here. This build suffers from MAD like nothing else I've ever tried. It needs 25 DEX AND 19 Cha/Int to fully work. Geez. No worries with favoured class though, and an extra feat, which doesn't hurt. It wouldn't really come into it's own until a very high level, and I'd have to spend most of my epic feats on stat boosts.

Last edited:
If you find a weapon with enchantments, those definetly count as enchantment slots. That's why relatively basic weapons are better - a weapon with +3 enchantment for example. You can replace the +3 with a +7 enchantment, and then still have 3 slots left. Or, you can find a weapon with no enchantments at all, and fill all 4 slots.

My point is - crafting weapons is useless. There is simply no need for the "weapon crafting" skill. In the original, you could make adamantite weapons that were slightly better than regular ones in certain ways, and you could craft the excellent Red Dragonscale Armor with craft armor, but right now I don't know if these skills have any use in the add-on.

Craft Armor is quite useful...

Mithral armor is one notch lighter than regular armor, and mithral doesn't cost enchantment slots. IOW, you can make a mithral full plate that allows +3 Dex bonus and only requires the Medium Armor feat (or a breastplate for light armor and +5 Dex bonus). If you're a bard or a warlock with the Battle Caster feat, it's even nicer.

I also used Craft Weapon to make a bunch of cold iron hardware -- they work great against feys, of which there are plenty.

Back
Top Bottom