Starpoint Gemini 3 - Official Gameplay Trailer

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Here's the official gameplay trailer for Starpoint Gemini 3:

Starpoint Gemini 3

Put on your pilot's helmet, grab your spaceship rudders and play the first official gameplay trailer of Starpoint Gemini 3, to get prepared for your new exciting adventure in the Gemini universe!
Engage in action-packed space battles, visit amazing worlds and encounter interesting characters to find the answers you seek. For the first time in the franchise, Starpoint Gemini 3 brings animated 3D, NPCs that you can interact with, and this time your path leads beyond Gemini as you get to explore two new planetary systems. You are not alone on your journey. You have ADAH, a digital consciousness that runs your ship's computer and can download itself onto your drone, which you can then control in ADAH's role to accomplish off-ship tasks you could never do alone. Buckle your seatbelts and prepare to immerse yourself in a world of space adventurer. Visit various venues, from pubs with shady clientele, to high-tech facilities and glitzy, noisy nightclubs, pick your targets and choose your allies. Your journey is about to begin.

Key features:

• A huge immersive space spanning throughout three different planet systems of former imperial colonies;
  • Large variety of characters with unique personalities, different questlines and factions;
  • Adrenaline-packed dogfighting combat;
  • Unique combat system that allows player mid-combat weapon switching;
  • New out-of-ship drone control and exploration of space structures;
  • Modular ship upgrading system; - Complete set of RPG skills to boost player's capabilities over the course of the game;
  • Detailed visitable interiors on different planets;
  • Universe populated with unique areas, objects and characters that allow players to engage in many different activities while free-roaming between missions;
  • Storyline is written by Darko Macan, the official writer for numerous Star Wars and Marvel comics.
More information.

That looked better than I expected. I might check this one out actually, despite not having played 1 or 2.

I was really excited by Starpoint Gemini 1 but was ultimately disappointed by the trading system, which seemed like an afterthought. If I recall correctly the prices for goods were static across the galaxy, which made trading really boring. The game was very focused on combat, and while good, didn’t really offer the freedom I look for in space games. I prefer space games in the mold of Privateer, Freelancer, and Rebel Galaxy where I can live out my fantasy of being a space trucker/bounty hunter. I haven’t played Starpoint Gemini 2. Did they expand upon the non-combat elements at all?

I was really excited by Starpoint Gemini 1 but was ultimately disappointed by the trading system, which seemed like an afterthought. If I recall correctly the prices for goods were static across the galaxy, which made trading really boring. The game was very focused on combat, and while good, didn’t really offer the freedom I look for in space games. I prefer space games in the mold of Privateer, Freelancer, and Rebel Galaxy where I can live out my fantasy of being a space trucker/bounty hunter. I haven’t played Starpoint Gemini 2. Did they expand upon the non-combat elements at all?

I'm a bit late to this party, but from what I've heard, they apparently improved all aspects of the game for Starpoint Gemini 3. They said Freelancer was a big inspiration for them so I'm sure that itch will be scratched.

Whoa. Between this and Rebel Galaxy outlaws it seems the (single player!!!) space fix is under control for quite a while.

Back
Top Bottom