Cogmind - Released on Steam Early Access

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Cogmind is a science fiction roguelike that is available now on Steam early access or direct from the developers website.

ABOUT THIS GAME

Experience sci-fi tactical combat and exploration in a procedural world that combines traditional roguelikes with an immersive modern interface like no other. Build yourself from components found or salvaged from other robots. Attach power sources, propulsion units, utilities, and weapons to become a slow tank bristling with weapons, or a fast-moving flier zipping past enemies before they even have time to react, or a stealthy sword-wielding assassin/hacker, or whatever else you can come up with from the salvage you find. The situation can quickly change as you lose components and rebuild yourself from enemy remains. You are the Cogmind. Discover what that means as you explore a living, breathing world ruled by robots.

KEY FEATURES

• Build and modify a unique robot from parts found, or enemies defeated
  • Dynamic character development without XP/grinding
  • Dozens of robot classes, each with unique behavior within the ecosystem
  • Procedurally generated world combined with hand-crafted content
  • Seven different animated endings to uncover
  • ASCII evolved: Most advanced terminal interface ever
  • Thousands of particle effects and SFX
  • Fully destructible environment
PROGRESS

Although currently in Early Access, Cogmind is mostly complete. There are over two-dozen map types, nearly a thousand items, thousands of sound and particle effects, multiple plot lines, hundreds of hand-made locations and encounters, thousands of lines of dialogue, and seven different animated endings to discover. That said, there are many plans to continue expanding the world with features and content, so for now we'll just call it EA :D

(Cogmind has been in full-time development for over four years.)

[...]
Thanks screeg!

More information.

er, this released to EA on Steam in mid-OCTOBER

Shit, I'm so sorry!! I was three weeks late everyone, this game won't even play on modern systems anymore. Please delete this post and I'll go stand in a corner in shame.

How do you pick between these: dwarf fortress; nethack, cogmind, ….

Cogmind isn't just a rogue-like, it's designed out the wazoo. I've been following his blog on Steam and this dev could write a Masters thesis on procedural generation. Take a look at the manual for a few clues about how the game plays…

Shit, I'm so sorry!! I was three weeks late everyone, this game won't even play on modern systems anymore. Please delete this post and I'll go stand in a corner in shame.

Its okay, just take that thumb out of your ass

Back
Top Bottom