Elemental: War of Magic - Beta 2

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Brad Wardell has announced Beta 2 for Elemental, which you can apparently access if you have preordered. It's a limited beta with a lot of features disables/removed; here's the post:
We are pleased to announce that Elemental: War of Magic – BETA is now available.
To those who have pre-ordered the game and would like to subject themselves to misery, agony, famine, and grief, you may voluntarily take part in the buggy, unfun, imbalanced, flakey, psychologically damaging beta.
Here are two helpful links:
Be aware that Beta 2 is not representative of what the final game will be like. We do, however, invite beta testers to give any feedback they would like at this point even if they think it’s something we’re going already planning to address.
The anticipated release date of Elemental is August 24, 2010. We are currently running ahead of schedule so that date is looking pretty firm.
More information.

I do not like the cellshaded style, however it seems an ok game to me. Gonna give it some "investigating time".

I've hated cellshading for every single game that has used it, except that skating game.

Heh. Funny that so many RPG players find graphics that important :p

By disliking something, you're not implicitly placing importance on it :)

That said, of course it's important - but for a game like this, it won't stop me from playing if it's good.

By not commenting on anything else, you are.

Assuming something is important, because I comment on another comment like I did - with no further knowledge of my preferences, is projection.

If you want to understand people, it's best if you don't project too much.

No, it's a minor point in a game like this, but I still hate cellshading in general.

You see? It's not important.

You can choose to believe I'm a liar about this - or you can accept that my dislike doesn't implicitly place importance on whether the game uses cellshading or not.

Assuming something is important, because I comment on another comment like I did - with no further knowledge of my preferences, is projection.

If you want to understand people, it's best if you don't project too much.

No, it's a minor point in a game like this, but I still hate cellshading in general.

You see? It's not important.

You can choose to believe I'm a liar about this - or you can accept that my dislike doesn't implicitly place importance on whether the game uses cellshading or not.

You sound like a politician :biggrin:
But like you said, gonna look past the graphics (like i did for all the avernum games) and focus on gameplay for this game.

I don't like it either, but it's a minor point for a strategy game, where 99% of the weight of the decision to buy or not is gameplay.

By disliking something, you're not implicitly placing importance on it :)

That said, of course it's important - but for a game like this, it won't stop me from playing if it's good.

Well, disliking something means it is important enough to dislike.

Tried Beta 2 for the first time today. A lot more fun than beta 1, but still very rough. Quite a few crashes, glitches and bugs, but it is a beta after all.

I love the intro-movies they've made for the different betas. They are all in 8-bit style with nintendo-like music. I hope they will be available to look at as extras when the game ships.

You dont like cellshading ?

You obviously didnt play Borderlands ;)

i have the beta, it is rough but you can see alot of potential.

I love how you can make your own troops...and it is obvious the combat engine is not up and running yet.

This is gonna be a keeper.

Anyway to get into beta without preordering ?

And what is the pricing for the game anyway ?

Ok, then let me rephrase my comment: Funny that so many RPG players find the art style that important :p

Back
Top Bottom