Two Worlds II: Pirates of the Flying Fortress released

Ah..ok. I just finished creating an account and now it's showing $45.01 + $14.20. Debating whether or not I should order right now…

I was hoping Topware would ship some over state side and sell it via Amazon like they did with Royal Edition but that doesn't seem to be the case. Since they marked the Royal Edition down half price shortly after they started selling it on Amazon, I'm guessing it didn't sell very well.

This has got a terrible late-game IMO. I'm in someone's subconscious and not only is the design linear, some of the dialog is kind of borked and the quite attractive graphics have been hidden behind a dark and blurry filter and a fishbowl effect. Looks awful, doesn't play much better. It seems to me Reality Pump employ people with a wide range of abilities and some of them get more input than they should.

This has got a terrible late-game IMO. I'm in someone's subconscious and not only is the design linear, some of the dialog is kind of borked and the quite attractive graphics have been hidden behind a dark and blurry filter and a fishbowl effect. Looks awful, doesn't play much better. It seems to me Reality Pump employ people with a wide range of abilities and some of them get more input than they should.

Well I guess that just shows where everyone is different. I liked that part the best personally, well that and very end. I didn't mind the effect and I liked putting together all the pieces of someone's life at various stages and helping him see where he went wrong and what he could have done better. I also liked the spider too. :p

Do you have any tips on Nanook's unconscious which is where I'm now stuck. Why do I keep losing about 10000 health out of the blue?

Do you have any tips on Nanook's unconscious which is where I'm now stuck. Why do I keep losing about 10000 health out of the blue?

What part are you stuck on exactly? I've beaten the expansion so if you can be a little more specific I will try to help.

Well...
You know the final (?) big battle against Nanook's unconsciousness after you've assembled the map of his consciousness? There are 4 altars which drop their shields once the main guy has been whittled down to near death. They then spawn terrors but can be destroyed. This is all kind of a grind but doable. However, for some reason I occasionally lose a massive chunk of health, as if I've been hit by something I can't see. My best guess is the fire attack from 'Nanook's' staff has a massive invisible area effect perhaps? I can't seem to do anything to defend against it. So the battle becomes more or less unwinnable :(
Any ideas?

You know those altars need to be destroyed once the shield comes down right? You'll have to repeat the process and get the main enemy's life down to get the shields to go down, then whack away at one altar, destroy it, then when the shields go up repeat the process again until all the altars are gone. You can really only get one at a time, maybe two if you are fast.

As for surviving, I would say just use potions. Lots and lots of potions. You are able to pause and use as many potions as you want during battle so that's the route I took. If you collected a bunch of ingredients, then combine all the ones that make healing potions before the battle. You also should have got some healing potions through the various subconscious quests.

Thanks. I struggled through it eventually via quicksave abuse.

Overall I'd say entertaining ideas & systems, good technology… clumsy implementation in some (too many) places.

Recommended to fans of the original, but at about half the price they've launched it at.

You all seem to be the only people online playing the expansion pack, so I hope you can help me out.

I'm fighting the subconscious boss and successfully destroyed two of the alters, but no matter what I do, I can't damage the other two alters. I'm playing through as a mage and never invested a single point into strength or dexterity, so all I have is magic, yet magic isn't hurting it. I did re-load and try investing a few points in strength, getting it up to 20 and equipping a bonus code weapon, but melee didn't seem to be damaging the alters either.

What am I doing wrong?!

*sigh* After another test, my attempt to use melee did slowly start to damage the alter, but it heals once the subconscious is healed and I can't defeat it that way. WHY did they make it so where two crystals could be hurt by magic and two crystals could be hurt by melee, knowing full well that some people would go one way or the other. I hate this game. Hate it. Hate it. Hate it.

Is there a respec NPC somewhere in this DLC? I never came across one...

Last edited:
To be honest, I just beat all the alters with melee. I had some crystals in my weapon that did fire damage so I suppose that could have counted as magic, but I never really thought about it.

There is a respec npc, yes. He's a ghost in some abandoned tower near a beach. I can't quite recall which island but I think it was the eastern most one around the north east end? I tried searching but I didn't see any annotated maps of the expansion online.

However, if I remember correctly I don't think you can exit the subconscious once you've entered it unless you play it all the way through and beat the last boss. I also don't think there's a respec npc in the subconscious or at least I never found one.

There doesn't seem to be much of anything about this DLC online. This forum is the only place I've seen people talk about it. As for the lighthouses, there are three by my count. There seems to be an underground dungeon that connects at least two of them, but I came across a shut gate and I can't advance. There is a switch sitting in the middle of the room right next to it, but I can't activate it. I'm not even sure if this route is needed to find the respec guy or not.

I had one save outside of the subconscious. It sucks that I'll have to do that again, because I thought that the subconscious was the worst part of the DLC. That long fetch quest in the university was painful.

I found the guy, due east of Maren's Workshop. Not near a lighthouse like I thought. I guess a lighthouse and a tower aren't really the same thing. :/

Edit II - My theory was confirmed. You have to use melee to destroy the other two alters. Magic - or at least the air and fire magic that I had been using - wasn't capable of damaging them. I just beat the game and got the achievements.

Funny thing, I never even used the horse or boat. Didn't have to. Made some water walking potions early on, and the islands are all relatively small. I think they thought that things were bigger than they actually were. Perhaps they should have included more open sea or something.

Last edited:
I agree about the boats/horses. Waterwalking (running) is about 500 times faster than the boat, so why would anyone use the boat? If you have stamina potions/spells then the horse isn't really needed either. He's faster, but much less nimble than the player, plus I can't cast spells from horseback. I like it as a choice, but it really isn't optimal.

I want to hook up with Reesa again. Why couldn't she be stranded here too? :D

I half think the horse was just there so they could put horse armor in. :p

I want to buy the expansion or the velvet edition (I have the original) in disc form. But, I can't find it any of my regular online retailers. I hate the publisher of Two Worlds 2. They're doing their best to not selling TW2. Why Reality Pump continues to work with these incapable imbeciles I really can't understand. First, they botched the NA release of the main game, then there's an expansion pack that no where to be found.

@Gokyabgu: In the US I think we are pretty much limited to digital or imports as far as PoTFF/Velvet Edition go.

I was kinda disappointed with this add-on too. There wasn't very many NPC's at all and really no new skills or anything to acquire. It was tons of quests, given by a few people, where you'd run through a gauntlet of creatures to and from the quest location, solely to pad the time. I never used any of the skill points gained, except at the very end where you have a creature with an insane amount of hitpoints that you get to fight 5 full times, at minimum, before he goes down. It was just silly. I honestly got bored pretty fast once I got into the expansion. Of course, I started over from level one, so that does play into the boredom factor. I didn't find the Nanook section nearly as interesting as the Fade in DA:O. The only time I really laughed was when I found an item that Bethesda makes money on lying around free in a couple chests. 2W2's developers have always been jealous of Bethesda, but that was a really cute "slam".

I thought the questline involving Reesa in the main game to be the best Zuxxez had to offer. If we could get the writing/story of TW2 with the open-world of 2W2, we'd have an amazing game. Both of those games are plenty good on their own though.

Meh, to each his own. I hated the Fade but really liked Nanook's subconscious. I found it more personal and less annoying.

The island could have been more populated, but they had a limited time frame to work with to get this all done and they at least gave an explanation for it in the plot.

Overall, I liked that there wasn't some big bad guy trying to destroy the world or really any bad guy at all, but just someone that befell a fate that's sort of like something of a Greek tragedy. It was a much smaller scale story and I personally enjoyed that.

I don't know that I would say they are jealous of Bethesda, I think that's putting feelings onto someone else that we don't know. Elder Scrolls is obviously an influence for this game series though, there's no denying that.

Back
Top Bottom