Skyrim - Favorite Mods @ PC Gamer

I hope in 3-4 years I am playing a mode called "Back to Bloodmoon." It's too damn obvious to not do it.

There is already a Bloodmoon in Skyrim.

I think you meant "Back to Solstheim".

I'm playing at Adept difficulty level which I though was the default? There are 5 difficulty settings. Adept is the middle one. I think I'll move it up a notch to Expert for more of a challenge.

I'm level 8 and haven't used single potion. I'm ready for my house now. Too many potions and ingredients to carry around.

Forget the default setting. It isn't for people like us who are used to RPGs. The expert or even adept is more our style. Don't go to master unless you really enjoy dying in one or two hits.

I'm on default setting :( I'm just no good at first person style, real-time combat. Now if we were talking turn-based, it would be a different story.

I'm playing at Adept difficulty level which I though was the default? There are 5 difficulty settings. Adept is the middle one. I think I'll move it up a notch to Expert for more of a challenge.

I'm level 8 and haven't used single potion. I'm ready for my house now. Too many potions and ingredients to carry around.

Experts the perfect balance, imo. I thought adept was one above default. The first thing I changed even before playing the game was the difficulty. I moved that sucker up to master, got my butt handed to me in one hit then slid that back down to expert and been having fun ever since. I actually forgot what the default setting was :)

Yeah, I'm not sure on that either, but I think tried to keep it to default after looking at the possible settings. But I was so excited about playing I didn't pay very close attention. :p Not too many games do that to me anymore. ;)

The default setting is Adept.

Was Skyrim Flora Overhaul created by the same Vurt we know from the RPGWatch forum?

If so, congrats on completing this project so quickly! I will have to give it a whirl.

I'm surprised that so many mods are being made available before the release of the Creation Kit. Are people finding that mod files created for Bethesda's previous games are compatible?

My mod is just a simple retexture so far, and its not particularly good (yet).

Looking at that list.. I can tell there's a lack of mods for this game and that people are really crawing for it, lol.

Some files are compatible yes, or they can be edited/hacked to be compatible.

Experts the perfect balance, imo. I thought adept was one above default. The first thing I changed even before playing the game was the difficulty. I moved that sucker up to master, got my butt handed to me in one hit then slid that back down to expert and been having fun ever since. I actually forgot what the default setting was :)

I found that the difficulty settings don't seem to make quite as much difference as whether you have a companion + dog + guards or other NPCs helping you to fight a dragon, etc.

Solo combat encounters on the "master" setting were tremendously challenging for the first 40 hours or so as a stealth melee character, and then after I was able to get the Assassin's Blade perk it's still quite challenging but very satisfying to one-shot enemies with backstabs.

However, even when traveling with a companion and an immortal dog who never dies, I still kept getting my ass handed to me in a few encounters with trolls and giants.

I have to say I am quite happy with the improvement to follower behavior, and being able to share items with them. They go into sneak mode when you do. Also, they submit when health is low so they don't kill themselves. Much less babysitting required. :)

There is already a Bloodmoon in Skyrim.

I think you meant "Back to Solstheim".

I know what the island was called, I was simply using the expansion name so people knew what I was talking about. Also the repeat B's make for a good name.

There were too many one-hit kill dungeon bosses on expert for me. I like a challenge but not one completely built to make me not even have a chance. I lowered it to normal about 20 hours in.

It can still throw tough fights on you in normal, I have died a bunch of times since switching it. In the play session I just had two snow bears ambushed me and I died pretty quickly trying to juggle them.

It's too much like Oblivion for me if I lower it any more than that. I haven't encountered one-hit kill bosses, but I have encountered some bosses that were too tough for me at my current level. So I leave those till later.

It's too much like Oblivion for me if I lower it any more than that. I haven't encountered one-hit kill bosses, but I have encountered some bosses that were too tough for me at my current level. So I leave those till later.

I had like three dungeons in a row where I did the whole thing pretty easily, got to the end and was then confronted by a boss character who literally would get close to me and kill me instantly, even if I had full life. Pretty frustrating.

I could beat them, but it took doing weird kiting tactics and basically glitching the AI, which isn't fun.

That's never happened to me even with a boss that was too powerful for me. Never been one hit killed unless I was on master difficulty.

I don't do kiting with my wizard. I have my tanks, potions/poisons (weakness against *insert element* helps), turn the enemy on each other, buff out my wizard or I just flat out run away. Monty Python has taught me well :)

I've had to run away only once with a boss who ripped me to shreds a few times, but I lasted a while each time and tried something new. In the end, I just couldn't kill him. I still think it was glorious that I had to run away and I'll be back for that bastard later :p

That's never happened to me even with a boss that was too powerful for me. Never been one hit killed unless I was on master difficulty.
Playing on Expert, I did get one shoted by that damn spider in the barrows. Wouldn't
dream of lowering the difficulty though. Having too much fun as it is. A sense of "you
could die at any minute" is absolutely necessary for me in order to enhance a game's
atmosphere...

I don't do kiting with my wizard. I have my tanks, potions/poisons (weakness against *insert element* helps), turn the enemy on each other, buff out my wizard or I just flat out run away. Monty Python has taught me well :)

A time honored tradition (try to play the Gothics without i.e.) :)

I've been playing on the standard setting, and while the game was fairly simple at first, it began getting progressively harder. Like Skaven, I came to a couple dungeons with a named boss at the end (one of the being a lich who had no trouble two-shotting me), and I was forced to retreat while holding down the healing spells.

The lich encounter wasn't too bad on it's own if I managed it well and switched up my tactics, but he always summoned a Storm Atronach, and after about the tenth time in a row with him summoning the monster, I decided it was time to wait until I'm a higher level. No matter what I did, I was not able to cast a spell or shoot an arrow at the lich without being struck by shock damage every time I peeped out.

Playing on Expert, I did get one shoted by that damn spider in the barrows. Wouldn't
dream of lowering the difficulty though. Having too much fun as it is. A sense of "you
could die at any minute" is absolutely necessary for me in order to enhance a game's
atmosphere…

A time honored tradition (try to play the Gothics without i.e.) :)

Ahhh, yes. I forgot about those damn spiders. It jumps on me and BAM! DEAD, but there have only been two of them big enough to do that. I've taken on elder vampires and blood dragons that don't do as much damage as those damn things.

Nope, no kiting this time around. I'm a conjurer/destruction/illusion mage and I'll send those tanks to take the brunt of the damage, turn the enemies against each other or I run like hell.

I'm trying to play a mage as a mage should be played, like artillery.

Back
Top Bottom