Skyrim What house did you buy?

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
No no, you can buy a house in all the major cities (Whiterun, Markarth, Riften, Solitude and Windhelm)

Oh thanks for the clarification. The way some of the posts were worded I got the impression it was a one or the other type of system.

That said with all the feedback here and Skyrim wikis seems the best all around house is the one in the old dwarf city Markarth.

Also I have not played any TES series games in depth until this one could someone lore wise clarify some things for me please?

1. Does any one know what happened to the dwarfs? From the bits NPCs have said I get the impression they woke up one day and they all were gone.

2. The deadric (sp?) princes and the like, who most are seen as 'evil' are they like TES version of demi-gods? I am a little confused of the relation of the 'full' gods like those that have a temple and these deadric peeps. Any clarification appreciated thanks!

I split the thread. Answers to these two questions and a copy of the original post have been moved here:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15663
Jaz

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm mostly happy with Whiterun but it doesn't have an enchanting table which is vaguely annoying as it means running all the way up the hill to use the one in dragonreach...

Daniel.

None so far, I'm wasting my hard earned gold into not so cheap magical item to destroy on the Arcane Enchanter. *sigh* So, for now I'm storing into a barrel, like a bum... and I started stealing too, which I'd never done had I choose another skill to specialize in than Enchanting. Skyrim has corrupted me! :p

I'm level 30 and I still find places to spend every cent I own. I've only bought one house and I can make lots of money if I put my mind to it, but I'm an adventurer and I like spending my coin. The only thing I wish is that my spending would have a beneficial impact on Whiterun. It'd be nice if my hometown ended up getting more money, better weapons and armor for the guards, etc. Bethesda bragged about a living economy, but it doesn't exist. Whiterun would be fabulously wealthy at this point, as i sell here constantly. Since I'm selling for 1/5 an items actual worth, the place should be rolling in dough. Benethor and the folks at the Warrior Maiden should be millionaires and named Thanes in their own right!

I'm Level 45 now and I can still spend all my money quite easily, got through 40k in a couple of minutes yesterday! (5 high level skill ups which makes me level, followed by another 5 skill ups!)

Daniel.

None so far, I'm wasting my hard earned gold into not so cheap magical item to destroy on the Arcane Enchanter. *sigh* So, for now I'm storing into a barrel, like a bum… and I started stealing too, which I'd never done had I choose another skill to specialize in than Enchanting. Skyrim has corrupted me! :p

You're gonna lose all your stuff, a barrel outside your home isn't safe storage.

You're gonna lose all your stuff, a barrel outside your home isn't safe storage.

That's what I feared (but thanks for the confirmation!). So far, a few days (ingame) have passed and the stuff is still there... fingers crossed. Although it's possible that some npc may pick just *one* item at a time, sleazy b*st*rds.

That's what I feared (but thanks for the confirmation!). So far, a few days (ingame) have passed and the stuff is still there… fingers crossed. Although it's possible that some npc may pick just *one* item at a time, sleazy b*st*rds.

Every so many days it "refreshs" NPC containers (replaces the current contents with a default set of stuff). The counter might be reset if you frequently visit the container but it might not either.

I think some barrels may be safe, I read some discussion on this elsewhere, regardless yeah it is risky. I'd suggest a nice chest somewhere instead until you buy your house.

Oh and incidentally after complaining of the lack of enchanting table for Breezehome I've found a nice mod to add one in, making me much happier. :)

Daniel.

I haven't ever found/used a grinder. Is there one in Whiterun? What do you grind up? Dwarven Metals, Mammoth Tusks, etc?

A grinder? Who mentioned that? I've never heard of one of those in Skyrim.

Daniel.

You mean "coffee grinder kind of thingy"? I have found ingredient called "Mammoth Tusk Powder" so (I guess) some recipes might require a powder of one sort or another.

Try a windmill. At least they look as if they could grind stuff.

I've done some checking and there is a mod that adds a grinder, but it isn't found in vanilla. I was curious about the Powdered Mammoth Tusk. It seems silly to be able to buy an ingredient that you can't manufacture/procure for yourself.

I've done some checking and there is a mod that adds a grinder, but it isn't found in vanilla. I was curious about the Powdered Mammoth Tusk. It seems silly to be able to buy an ingredient that you can't manufacture/procure for yourself.

It's said that only the giants know how to make it, so presumably what you can buy comes from them somehow.

It's said that only the giants know how to make it, so presumably what you can buy comes from them somehow.
Possibly, yes. After all, they make some incredible Mammoth cheese, which is the most health bumping food I've found in the game, until now at least. Even if the stuff is almost as big as my character... I can imagine the smell (but now how I'm supposed to carry it, lol).

I'm mostly happy with Whiterun but it doesn't have an enchanting table which is vaguely annoying as it means running all the way up the hill to use the one in dragonreach…

Daniel.

On the skyrim mod site there is a file to dl that adds enchanter table and anvil in the whiterun house. FYI :)

The Riften house is smaller than the Markarth house, but it's also cozier. Two stories, with living space above and working place below. The latter contains two mannequins, one weapon shelf, an enchanting table and an alchemy table. Okay, so the bedroom bookshelf became unusable due to a glitch the last patch didn't fix, the mannequins sometimes move of their own accord when you're not at home and one day the wooden floor turned invisible (I had to load an older save game to fix this), but otherwise I quite like it. While I didn't like Riften as a city at first, the Riften house has become one of my favorite places to stay. The smith is not that far away, either.

Back
Top Bottom