Kickstarter - Beasts & Blades

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Here is an RPG on Kickstarter that we missed up to now: Beasts & Blades. According to the developers it can be cetegorized as an 'epic 3D turn-based RPG adventure game' to be released on PC, MAC, IOS, and Android.
They are asking for 12.500$ and are currently at 1.071$ with 23 days to go.
There is quite some info on the game available including some videos and artwork of the characters including scarcely dressed women and men. Here is a bit on the story:
The basic story :
The storyline revolves around five main playable characters, a corrupt leader Lord Crewe, and a kingdom betrayed.

The game opens in a scene where a royal investigation team (five main characters) has been put together by Lord Crewe to investigate recent disappearances, including that of the High Mage's daughter, in the Mereen Forest south of the main town of Elmere. The players find only an abandoned ritual camp, or what seems to be abandoned. In a series of strange events, an evil force reveals itself from a portal to another realm, renders each player unconscious, and takes control of the team. Each player awakens to find themselves alone, in an unfamiliar place, and must battle their way out to find the rest of the investigation team and find out who is behind all of this.

What the players don't know yet, is the dark forces are secretly being controlled by their own king, Lord Crewe. Throughout the story the players must find answers as to the king's motivation, why he has become encircled in darkness and has betrayed his kingdom, and restore peace and order to Aurion once again.
Here is a video with some early beta gameplay.

More information.

god i dont like such jrpg style turn based combat ..so cumbersome and annoyingly slow.

I liked it just fine. I don't mind slower paced games sometimes. I may back this one, but I'll wait a little while and see if they find their way here.

Graphics & presentation are bad and they should feel bad. Best part in the videos was the music taken from Panzer Dragoon Saga (god tier soundtrack right there).

god i dont like such jrpg style turn based combat ..so cumbersome and annoyingly slow.

Man, you got that right. Spend five minutes to figure out what weapon/spell/armor whatever to use and then wait to execute your attack. Then stand there like a statue and wait for the enemy to figure what he's going to do. Oh, what fun. Not.

You're weird, there are loads of CRPGs (and non RPGs like say, XCOM and other such games) that could be accused of similar flaws which aren't flaws but instead tactical elements that clearly aren't your thing. Also, JRPGs don't tend to require that much strategy for you to spend that much time thinking (at least once you get accustomed to the specific game's combat rules) while the AI rarely takes any time to "think" at all (again, this happens more in turn based CRPGs and strategy games than JRPGs) unless we're talking about SRPGs (strategy RPGs like Tactics Ogre) where AI still works quite fast anyway and any delay comes from the animations that then play out as the units move and attack (where you also often have options for faster speed or altogether skipping them). Maybe there are games that make it excruciatingly slow like perhaps DQVIII but it's not a characteristic of all or even a majority of JRPGs you seem to imply.

I'm very fond of many kinds of turn based combat systems.
Apparently they picked the single one I'm not fond of, at all.

I like them. I was even thinking this might be worth backing. Then I saw the word 'savepoint'.... game over.

didn't check, but is this turn based and single character? that's a waste of turn based system imho. If you're going to make it turn based then at least have 4 characters in the party.

I will so back this. I love round based combat like FFX does.

This kind ob combat is very much underused in PC games. Vampire- Port of Death did for example did it very well with only one character.

Ahh, happy I am happy guy.

At 2:20 in the video there's a two member party combat sequence.

5:50 spell casting: Demon barf. They need a lesson from Jay in humor, methinks.

The interface and camera system look like some kind of sick joke.

Back
Top Bottom