The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I have to work 8 tomorrow, and not 4 as I originally thought. Originally, I was going to go in at 8am, train for 4 hours, then leave. Then they changed it to leave and then come back at 1pm and work 8. I told them I'd not be coming back in, and they decided we could just work to 4:25p instead.

The A Team has struck again.

Rhogu, Sherrille, Kerriabaka, and Rachail hit Blown to Bits, a level 19 quest, on hard. We completed, not only the quest, but the Iron Fire Bomber as well.

Of course he didn't drop ****. But as fitting, a Legendary Victory was among my rewards. I did get a low power cell, so when I do get the Fabricator's Bracers, I can upgrade the set all at once.

Rachail is now about 9k from level 20. Shadoe is 20, Sherrille is 47k or so from 20.

Congratulations ! :)

So my "good luck" wish worked ! ;)

I will not be playing next Friday. Instead I will be travelling to Germany with my wife on a short holiday.

You can play the mid level toons if you like and complete quests like Lordsmarch before we start with Gianthold when I'm back. I think my pally ia very close to level 14 so if you play your mid levels to 14 then it's good to take the level. 14 is a good time to start Gianthold on. Maybe we can do GH the week after next?

If you go to Cologne, I can show you around a bit.

Enjoy your holiday Peter, not sure if 14 is the best level for GH since we do everything on Elite.

I prefer to hold off until 15 to hit GH. That is the highest level you can hit GH walkups without affecting your Bravery Bonus.

The A Team struck again, completing Dreaming Dark on Hard. We then hit the smoothest run of Sleeping Dust Elite I've seen. We combined a fearsome armor and Ambrer's Fascinate to help protect the spiders.

Sherille is capped, Sherina is 19, and thus Rachail was able to take her level 20.

Congratulations again ! :)

Another "A-Team" ;) yesterday almost solved a mystery surrounding a special kind of book in my TDE pen & papr session. "Highlight" was a fight against 3 orcish robbers.

"We want Money !"
"Whose ? Ours or yours ?"

Those 3 Orks didn't survive their ambush. :D ;)

I've been farming WizKing on Mirys, but without knowing what y'all have and haven't done yet, it's hard to say. You can also hit the Orchard, or Orchid, and attempt those quests. I hates them precious yes we do, but y'all might find them amusing enough.

Isn't the Chronoscope available for mid-levels, too ? I don't quite remember. But since it is a single thing, it might perhaps not give that much experience points than other quests do ?

Edit : The Wiki says it has epic difficulty, too.

Chronoscope is a 12 man raid. I'm not sure how we can "lure" the grand old man, i. e. Corwin, into a raid. Maybe Trevor has an idea how to make Corwin do something he said he would never do. :p Corwin doesn't like to run raids unless we get enough guildies to make our own raid. So far we only have 8 regular players.

Okay, I didn't know that.

Another possibility would be Cannith.

I know not much about the Challenges, but one gets I think 2 free Challenge Tokens each day.

The group difficulties are said to be bugged, though : The bigger the group, the bigger the challenge. That additionally to the overall quest difficulty level.

And some elementals of the Mansion challenges have become infamous, especially the air/water elementals, because of their difficulty.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Vaults_of_the_Artificers

http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Challenges

Fortunately, I don't have that pack!! :)

Yesterday I had a blast ! :) A super-friendly group of three of us (inclusive 1 or 2 additional PUGgers + the inevitable hirelings ;) ) did a few F2P market place quests. We were all around level 5-7. One appeared to be from near Mexico (?), one from Germany, and they were super-friendly. I haven't had such a great group since I began PUGging, and they even managed to make "Proof is in the Poison" to be a generally fun quest ! And that although it's one of the few quests I *really* hate ! That's quite an achievement !

At one point, though me and a hireling were the only survivors in "Proof is in the Poison", because all others had died in the acid. I was carrying their sol stones (and the soul stones of hirelings, too !) *several* times to the only available res shrine within the quest !
And that only because i was so late ! - I had been distracted by a telephone call. That they didn't see it as a problem should have been the first sign of how friendly they were.

Later, when the German player said about buying a collecting bag, we decided to help her (? - the char name was female - but one never knows ho actually plays the character) out with plat & items. I gave the other player a very good shield in the end, because i wanted to craft with one i just had received as a quest reward.

And, during "The Swiped Signet", my Wizard turned 8.

If I get the chance, I'll be grouping with them more in the future. And if they *really* turn out to be tht helpful, polite and friendly as i had them in my memory, I' recommend them for a guild invite. But first, I want to get to know them a bit better.

They seem to have only very few "commpercial" adventure packs, though, and at least the female fighter seemed to be a first-lifer. The one with the spanish sounding name seemed to have at least one high(er) level toon as well. But as I said, I don't know enough about them yet. Apart from the fact that they were super friendly. I was really impressed by their helpfulness.

Nice that a PUG worked out so well. If people's experiences were more often like this one, I'd be more willing to sink time and dollars in DDO.

Yeah, there's lots and lots and lots of discussions going on on this topic in the DDO forums right now.

This is the far most impressive discussion going on on the matter right now : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=374323

It is entitled as : "Elitist, cruelty, ignorance, stupidity, overconfidence, perseverance & camaraderie"

And the poster claims (and proves) that all of this took place in the same PUG he participated in …

There are more examples pro & contra to that within the discussion. Highly recommended for reading, if you ask me !

Back
Top Bottom