Kickstarter Games - Chernobylite

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@DSOGaming Chernobylite is a survival horror taking after S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and trying to fund on Kickstarter.

The Farm 51 has launched a Kickstarter campaign for its upcoming STALKER-inspired science-fiction survival horror game, Chernobylite. In addition, the team has also released the game's story trailer that you can find below.

Chernobylite is described as a science-fiction, survival horror single-player experience, mixing free exploration of its disturbing world with challenging combat, unique crafting, and non-linear storytelling. As a player, you'll have to survive and reveal the twisted secrets of Chernobyl in the 3D-scanned recreation of the real Exclusion Zone.

[...]

More information.

Yeah, this looks pretty interesting. I'm actually thinking of backing it, and it's been several years now since I gave money to anything crowd-funded.

The campaign seems to be doing quite well so far. They surpassed the 50% mark in the first 2 days.

Backed but not getting my hopes up just to see them dashed again.:(

Plain and simple: no backing unless they assure me trashmobs don't magically materialize out of thin air.

Till they do, I'll be reading Terry Pratchett's Color of Magic.

Plain and simple: no backing unless they assure me trashmobs don't magically materialize out of thin air.

Till they do, I'll be reading Terry Pratchett's Color of Magic.

Terry Prachett has written some of the best books. A huge fan.

Not into stalker or horror games though so this game itself doesn't really interest me.

I'm taking a pass on backing this one for now, but I'll be keeping an eye on the project and seeing what new information might come out in the next month. Even if I don't back it, I'm likely to purchase this once all the patches and updates have landed.

STALKER:SoC is an unmatched FPS, survival, horror, non-linear game. Buggy for sure but only due to its ambition and subtle and deep solid mechanics.

I would like to support Chernobylite, but I am worried that the focus will be more on 'cinematic experience' than deep and solid mechanics. Moreover these are the guys who developed necrovision - very buggy medicore shooter in my view.

Also there is no mention of GoG!

This looks like it might scratch a serious itch I have for this kind of game. Now if I could play in 3rd person . . .

Back
Top Bottom