Stellar Tactics - The Trade Net

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new video for Stellar Tactics introduces the next major feature; which is the Trade Net.

A quick progress updating covering the trade net, the next major feature for Stellar Tactics

The trade net uses a network of placed beacons. Beacons have been in the game for a while now and many of you may have fairly large networks of these devices. The larger the network, the more options you have to find the best deals.

Initially, these could only be used for fast travel between systems. You likely use them to travel back and forth between mission locations or to your favorite home system where you store goods and ships. With the trade-net update, these beacons will start sending data to the trade-net so you find the best places to buy and sell trade goods, ore, and refined ore. A ship with a good-sized cargo hold can make excellent money traveling between systems trading all kinds of goods.

For those of you interested in smuggling, there will be an option to have your Trade-Net "hacked" so it will show contraband items (like the Kchor Brandy shown above). Traveling with these items in your cargo hold is risky. Raiders may spawn and scan your cargo, trade stations may force you to pay a fine if you have these goods in your cargo hold and will seize the items. A high electronics skill can help avoid detection. There may also be a few ship upgrades just for smugglers.

I'll keep you posted as I make progress. I'm hoping to get this out for everyone sometime in the next few weeks.

Meanwhile, here is a list of the latest patch notes since the last announcement. Thank you for supporting Stellar Tactics!

[...]
More information.

Had my eye on this for quite a while. Anyone played it?

Had my eye on this for quite a while. Anyone played it?

It's very much playable, but not yet feature- or story-complete.
This is mostly a one-man project, so patience is needed. I never regretted buying the game, though.

I have this game but I've not played it yet due to the patches I've seen landing. I think I've still got quite a wait, but looking forward to playing this one when all the work is done!!!

I actually won a copy on here and have just played a little bit to try it out.

The dev has been very generous with the game keys around here.

Back
Top Bottom