Underrail - Jet Skis

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Underrail is set to get jet skis with the expansion content according to the latest development update.

Since the expansion takes place on Black Sea, naturally you will need a way to travel between all the small islands, bays and between far shores. You will be able to do this on a dozen of different jet skis, ranging from super light racing jet skis to mini-destroyers, which you can further customize under the hood by installing better engines, batteries and suspension systems. The models themselves differ way by the combat cover, durability, stability, speed, damage resistances, as well number of and maximum size of a parts you can install into them; some vehicles can have multiple engines and/or batteries. Also, some jet skis will have special attacks or abilities.

Once you get to the Black Sea it won't take long for you to get a hold of the most basic "junk jet", but to get the quality stuff, both in terms of the jet ski model and the parts, you'll have to spend a fair amount of charons at a specialized shop in Core City. You'll also have to decide what are the most important characteristics of jet ski for you, as no one model will be best at everything.

While riding a jet ski you'll be able to use most of your weapons, abilites and utilities. The most notable exceptions are sledgehammers and sniper rifles, which are not available while driving. Also, short range melee weapons (fist weapons and knives) and unarmed attacks, though still performable, will suffer significant penalties. When an attack is aimed at you, it has a chance of hitting the jet ski instead (or in case of AoE attacks, a percentage of the damage hits the vehicle), depending on the cover it provides, in which case the damage is tested against its resistences and the amount that penetrates those is deducted from the vehicle's durability. If the durability reaches zero, the vehicle is destroyed and you die (you never learned to swim).

That's it for now, guys. Let us know how all this sounds and I hope you're looking forward to some naval battles with pirates and worse things.
More information.

This game is the closest to a new classic Fallout there is and I reeeeeeally liked it even in EA. I will definitely get the expansion just to support.
And then I will have to find the time for another run...

I really liked too, but never got to finish it. Iirc, there was a bug midway through the game, where a skill check was failing on the Main Quest. It would cause hostility with a newly met race and/or cause the death of someone who was important. So I stopped playing waiting for a fix and got distracted by other games.

I liked the game alot through still haven't finished it either. Very reminiscent of Fallout in a good way. Not having a map made exploration a bit more annoying than it should of been through and made me drop it after a while. I will definitely pick it back up with the expansion and playthrough it this time.

I read a lot of positive things about this one, but a lot of complaints about late game (deep caverns perhaps?). So I've never tried it...

I read a lot of positive things about this one, but a lot of complaints about late game (deep caverns perhaps?). So I've never tried it…

The first 80 hours are classic so don't worry about the end. How many games give you a great 80 hours? I played it and made the Deep Caverns the ending.

I read a lot of positive things about this one, but a lot of complaints about late game (deep caverns perhaps?). So I've never tried it…

The end part is mediocre at best. The rest is awesome !

It's a great game, better than most KS RPG, but I could care less about customizable jet-skis.

Styg is a passionate gamer foremost, so I trust his expansion will be awesome. Can't wait to use sabres and shotguns, they've a cool mechanic.

Jet Skis felt out of the Underrail world. Why not introduce luxury yachts or a golden cadillac, maybe a company jet then? Much better choices would have been android companion, beast pet, or just a friggin cheap railway or tube system to travel between those islands.

Worst feature of Underrail is boredom.

I don't mind walking around as long as there is that carrot on a stick. As long as I know there will be cool fights coming up and the chance to upgrade my gear I will walk to Mordor and back. :)

Why not introduce luxury yachts or a golden cadillac, maybe a company jet then?

He is obviously copying Pirates of Eternity modus operandi i.e. more Sims features is always a good selling point nowadays

I mean this is still very benign, let's just hope it doesn't go that way.

*cough* ME3 *cough*
Underrail last parts is much worse. At least Bioware redo the end and tried target some aspects. Moreover even if ME3 last parts

Dev of Underrail is much more stubborn, and didn't target any single problem of the last parts.

That said I concur majority opinion here, despite solo turn based meaning combat potential a bit low, Underrail is a seriously great RPG until final parts. Well I replayed ME3 and I would say the same of ME3+main DLC. :) And I would even add that at least ME3 last part and end is very playable and with some quite strong moment.

Yeah, Styg definitely balked at a lot of different criticism and ultimately didn't do much to fix the completely bungled last 20% of the game. Still glad it was a success though, and would love to see a sequel or something different versus an expansion.

Back
Top Bottom