Things you don't need to know...

Inquiring minds at Albany Medical College played music to a group of unsophisticated rats, who preferred Beethoven's "Fur Elise" over Miles Davis's "Four" and preferred silence over any music at all. When they sweetened the deal by adding cocaine to their least preferred options, however, they found that rats would reverse their preferences, even choosing jazz over classical.

In another study published in 2011, the same experimenters supported by the same NIH grants again used Miles Davis" "Four," but this time exposed rats to methamphetamine to determine the drug's effects on rats' learned conditioning.

What really worries me about these things is that apparently the rat species mostly used for experiments is rattus norvegicus.

pibbur who has replaced his R.A.T. 7 mouse with a Corsair Vengeance.

The norwegian jazz/rock/difficult-to-label band Farmer's market has released an album (Slav to the rythm) (no, it's not a typo), where the song titles can be read as a short story, forward as well as backwards (with almost opposite meanings):

1. «Slav to the Rhythm»
  2. «You're the Prototypical»
  3. «Friend»
  4. «Dusy Traditions»
  5. «Replace»
  6. «Shiny Happy Gizmos»
  7. «Old Stuff Still Does the Trick»
  8. «It's Not Always True»
  9. «Machines Rule»
  10. «And Thus»
  11. «Man is Ancient History»

pibbur who to some degree likes Bulgarian folk songs

As usual more useless information from Down under:

Professional softball player Clare Warwick is one of three national team players from Australian Capital Territory vying to represent Australia at the 2012 World Championship?

pibbur from up above (usually)

Some more sports news (wossname) from wossname down under:

Wossname women's national wossname coach wossname won two men's wossnamel world championships as a player with New Zealand's team

p.... pib???... wossname!

Last edited:
N2pjh.jpg

bKuM1.jpg

gdUN1.png

lSAQ0.jpg

c4e176df894fe4139381e54f817b14fa.jpg

3734035_700b.jpg

The number of ways to place n diagonally symmetric rooks on an n × n chessboard in such a way that no two rooks attack each other is a telephone number.

Which doesn't mean it's a telephone number, of course.

pibbur who is and will always be in Pibbur ({pibburN;N in {strings}}

That's why my number is unlisted!! :)

One version of Edvard Munch's "The Scream" (he made serveral versions, this one is a pastel made in 1895) is up for sale at Sothebys NYC the upcoming wednesday.

So, if you've got $80 million+ (airplane tickets to NYC not included) to burn you know where to be.

pibbur who won't buy a Munch painting this time.

Thanks, but I already have one. But what an opportunity!

Yupp. I've decided that I'll be financially more prepared next time, so I think I'll skip Diablo 3.

pibbur who would like to mention that this version of "The Scream" is not the one with the "Quayle for president" (not sure about the spelling of "Quayle") caption.

Mine was free! I feel spoiled…

You're a friend of Pål Enger?

pibbur who for the moment refuses to explain the above. For the moment. But it makes sense. To pibbur.

The larvae of the Ouachita creekshell attach themselves to fish hosts as part of their life cycle. Naturally, one would think this has something to do with Australia, but no. Apparently it's a native of Arkansas.

Unless, like rabbits and criminals it's been exported down under.

pibbur who ponders whether to hide somewhere (no, he won't tell you where)

So long as it's not in Australia!! :)

Regrettably there's very little to report from down under these days, so here's somthing from the UK: There used to be a metal fish tree in Cowleaze Wood.

Now this is silly. For the record, I know that you (should?) know Fish is not metal. Fish is a prog rocker.

No happy endings from pibbur!!

The Poznań was copied by Manchester City football fans after their team played Polish team Lech Poznań. I've of course not looked up what this "The Poznan" is (I assume they didn't copy the whole city).

pibbur who recognizes that no suprise most people don't need to know this. After recent events quite a few probably DON't WANT to hear about it . This is for them. Muahahahahaha!!!

The Poznań was copied by Manchester City football fans after their team played Polish team Lech Poznań. I've of course not looked up what this "The Poznan" is (I assume they didn't copy the whole city).

pibbur who recognizes that no suprise most people don't need to know this. After recent events quite a few probably DON't WANT to hear about it . This is for them. Muahahahahaha!!!

There are some many things I enjoy reading that I don't need to know - thank you Pibbur

The state of Qin, predecessor of China's Qin Dynasty, was founded by Feizi, a horse breeder.

Probably unrelated, but 500 years later in ancient Rome, a horse was sacrificed to the deity Mars each year on the Ides of October, with ceremonies in various venues involving different parts of the horse's body? All these horses was named "October".

Smith wasn't sacrificed until 1999, 24 years after Patti released "Horses".

pibbur who considers different parts of anyone's body at different locations one of the reliable signs of a fracture (assuming bone tissue is present in more than one of them).

PS. Another example: The following excerpts from Jurassic Park after the lawyer Gennaros's short but shattering meeting with a T. Rex: Muldoon: "I think this was Gennaro". Ellie: "I think this was, too." DS.

Back
Top Bottom