XCOM: Enemy Within - Hands-on at Gamescom 2013

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
2K games released a new video showing some gameplay, and the reaction of a few fans from Gamescom 2013.

XCOM: Enemy Within is the all new expansion for XCOM Enemy Unknown coming to XBOX 360, PS3 and PC on November 15th. Some lucky fans were lucky enough to have a hands on at Gamescom 2013
More information.

The public booth at the Games Com clearly stated :

NO FILMING !
NO PHOTOS !

i'm sorry PR folks, but your gonna have to interview about 20000 paid shills to convince enough that this expansion is not a farce.

i'm sorry PR folks, but your gonna have to interview about 20000 paid shills to convince enough that this expansion is not a farce.

Well said!! I love the guy who's like, "I love how it merely expands the base game and makes the base game just slightly better!" Uh...yeah...so glad they didn't create a NEW story like a REAL expansion. SARCASM!!

Well said!! I love the guy who's like, "I love how it merely expands the base game and makes the base game just slightly better!" Uh…yeah…so glad they didn't create a NEW story like a REAL expansion. SARCASM!!
It is an an expansion in name as it adds to the base game. Really now there not the first to do this.:sarcasticclap:This is perfect for first time buyers as it's the full game with added content.

Well said!! I love the guy who's like, "I love how it merely expands the base game and makes the base game just slightly better!" Uh…yeah…so glad they didn't create a NEW story like a REAL expansion. SARCASM!!

Yeah, that's why CDProjekt Red's Enhanced Editions sucked so much.

I can't believe there are people who don't rejoice because of the fact one of our most beloved franchises is back in action and here to stay...:S

CDP's EE versions were free to those who already owned the original game.

Big difference.

Straw man.

You are not forced to buy the expansion. But as with the EEs you will be able to, but that is not the main idea, I think. It will very much be the selling point of a X-Mas rerelease.

Compare that to the rereleases of Dungeon Lords (SE and 2k13). You weren't even able to buy the expansion elements alone. You had to buy the full rerelease.

You aren't making much sense.

Will Enemy Within also be available as an upgrade to people who already own Enemy Unknown? And if so, what is the price for the upgrade vs the standalone version? Because I'm not seeing that being said anywhere.

If not, then it's not comparable to the EE versions of The Witcher games.

I *think* the argument is that being able to buy the expansion is a good thing compared to having to buy the whole game again to get the expansion bits.

But the counter argument is that it's even better to get the expansion bits for free, like we did with The Witcher EEs.

The latter point is important, because I'm not sure that the expansion adds enough value for me to pay for it - that's my choice, of course, but if it were free, like the witchers was, then I would be happier and more likely to get it.

There are numerous The SIMs expansions which nobody is forced to buy.
Yes, there are even Civ expansions out there !

Firaxis' expansions typically cost quite a lot.

There are numerous The SIMs expansions which nobody is forced to buy.
Yes, there are even Civ expansions out there !

The Civ expansions actually make the game better in alot of ways. Both Civ V expansions have added new features that really enrich the playing experience (don't confuse them with the shitload of DLC's that are available, that's a totally different matter). AND you can buy them either bundled with the original game or as stand alone expansions if you already own the base game. If Enemy Within adds as much as the Civ expansions have I'll gladly pay for it, but to pay the same price as for a triple AAA title seems a bit much when I already own XCOM:EU. Guess we'll just have to see what they have planned….

Back
Top Bottom