Skyrim - Skyblivion Teaser Trailer

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The TESRenewal team has released another Skyblivion teaser trailer:

To end this year on a high note I wanted to show you all how far the Skyblivion project has come during its development cycle, we still have a lot of work ahead of us but the end is in sight and the ''to do'' list grows shorter every month.
If you want to help take a look at their website.

More information.

Sometimes I think projects like Skyblivion or Morrowblivion will never be properly finished :(

Well I could never get very far in playing oblivion. If they do finish it, it might be time to try it.

Sometimes I think projects like Skyblivion or Morrowblivion will never be properly finished :(

Then I look at something like Ultima V Lazarus and I have hope after seeing that a dedicated team can bring a project to fruition. I have followed many of these remake projects over the years and most lose steam and fade away after the announcement. I hope this team can pull it off and eventually release.

Looking at that trailer, all these memories of a yawn-inducing game come flooding back. Clearly not for me, but the resemblance (at least by appearances) will surely pique someone's Gamebryo hiking simulator heart.

Omg. Chills of nostalgia. I naively hope they do finish this in the next year or so. I want to go back. :)

To me it seems a tad too bright and cheery for a land under imminent peril. But at least that immersion-ruining grass fade is gone.

I say it again and again: Oblivion with FCOM and a good stealth overhaul + some other mods depending on your taste was one of the best games I ever played.

LOL you can keep repeating it Dark. You won't convince anybody who isn't already convinced. And I'm one of those unconvinced ones.

I love all the Elder Scrolls games. Oblivion, to me, is a more peaceful, idyllic setting. It isn't as generic as people seem to remember it, IMO, as it's got snowy mountains up north, rocky coastline to the west, swampy marshes to the south and unexplored highland to the east. It does have a lot of forest and trees, though, yes. :)

I recently played the unmodded console version for 300+ hours in a single playthrough. No fast travel, etc. It was fun. Later I modded it to oblivion (pun intended) on the PC with 4K graphics overhauls, extended features and areas and even played a bit with a total overhaul that tweaks and/or removes the level scaling (Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul). I didn't play it long enough with OOO to really see a ton of it, but from what I played it felt pretty similar to Nehrim or Enderal, in that there was a challenge, items didn't seem to scale and it felt more like an RPG in that style than the original game did.

I think any of the TES games with mods can be a ton of fun for any RPG gamer today. There are so many little mods that go a long way, as well as overhauls and all sorts of stuff that you can basically craft the game that you want it to be.

All the TES games are worth trying that with, IMO, including Oblivion.

Sorry Fluent I will have to disagree. Vanilla Oblivion was just so bland and annoying game to play. That being said I enjoyed it a lot once I found perfect set of mods which pretty much fixed all the dumb things Bethesda had invented. There is a really good game underneath, but it takes a great deal of work to set up Oblivion properly.

For me Osucoro's Oblivion overhaul really made the difference. I think I would not recognize the game anymore without it. Only thing Osucoro dind't fix though is how the world reacts to Oblivion crysis. Pretty much everyone kept living their silly ordinary lives and kept worrying about their stupid issues while demons spawned next door… Well maybe there is a mod which can fix that as well. :)

So I have no bad words to say about the setting though. Great locations, epic sceneries, well writen quests, awesome dungeons etc. I loved Knights of the nine questline for instance and Shivering isles was a blast. Mages guild questline kicked ass as well. :)

Sorry Fluent I will have to disagree. Vanilla Oblivion was just so bland and annoying game to play. That being said I enjoyed it a lot once I found perfect set of mods which pretty much fixed all the dumb things Bethesda had invented. There is a really good game underneath, but it takes a great deal of work to set up Oblivion properly.

For me Osucoro's Oblivion overhaul really made the difference. I think I would not recognize the game anymore without it. Only thing Osucoro dind't fix though is how the world reacts to Oblivion crysis. Pretty much everyone kept living their silly ordinary lives and kept worrying about their stupid issues while demons spawned next door… Well maybe there is a mod which can fix that as well. :)

So I have no bad words to say about the setting though. Great locations, epic sceneries, well writen quests, awesome dungeons etc. I loved Knights of the nine questline for instance and Shivering isles was a blast. Mages guild questline kicked ass as well. :)

What exactly are you disagreeing with? Just curious. I agree that the setting is great and all I really said about it was that it wasn't as generic as the memes would indicate. Dungeons included in that, IMO. The game has great dungeons and plenty of subtle details for all of them, including details in the environments.

But yeah, the mods can get rid of things like the hard level-scaling, which isn't my thing at all. I still played the console version for that long but I also didn't level that fast since I wasn't rushing the game. On PC I would suggest installing OOO because it does indeed make a big difference in how the world is built and how the game works.

What exactly are you disagreeing with? Just curious. I agree that the setting is great and all I really said about it was that it wasn't as generic as the memes would indicate. Dungeons included in that, IMO. The game has great dungeons and plenty of subtle details for all of them, including details in the environments.

But yeah, the mods can get rid of things like the hard level-scaling, which isn't my thing at all. I still played the console version for that long but I also didn't level that fast since I wasn't rushing the game. On PC I would suggest installing OOO because it does indeed make a big difference in how the world is built and how the game works.

I quess we're not really disagreeing much. I was trying to emphasize that Oblivion without those essential mods was flawed as hell. I remember those raving 9/10 reviews during the game's release. The issues which the agressive level scaling was causing to game balance, immersion and over all enjoyment weren't mentioned at all. For me Oblivion unlike other tes games felt kind of broken.

I quess we're not really disagreeing much. I was trying to emphasize that Oblivion without those essential mods was flawed as hell. I remember those raving 9/10 reviews during the game's release. The issues which the agressive level scaling was causing to game balance, immersion and over all enjoyment weren't mentioned at all. For me Oblivion unlike other tes games felt kind of broken.

I think all games have flaws, though. I end up focusing on the good things and not so much the bad. Although I'm not a big fan of hard level scaling like that, I was still able to get lost in the game recently with AND without mods, so... yeah. :)

It has a lot of great elements that outweigh the bad, I guess is what I'm trying to say. But if the rigid level scaling bothers you, definitely check out the OOO mod and some others.

Rewatching this video, the only thing that makes me sad is that we won't necessarily have a lot of the amazing mods I got so attached to, like Korana's houses (Shadowcrest Vineyard, etc). And that kinda makes me wonder how they're gonna handle the vanilla player houses in this version...if they're gonna be scripted/buyable just like in the original Oblivion...

Speaking of houses and stuff, there is a mod for Oblivion called Unique Landscapes that adds things like that. New little settlements, farmlands, etc. I haven't seen them all yet but the one I did see was neat as it added a mill house and farm area where there used to be nothing. Good stuff.

If you guys want to check some of the mods feel free to check my YouTube for a few videos of 4K Oblivion. I *really* liked Better Imperial City and that video is also on my channel.

Oblivion is just such a lovely game. If I wasn't playing Enderal I'd return to a modded Oblivion game. :)

Back
Top Bottom