Morrowind Morrowind Mods

I will ask in this topic:
What is in the dvd box of Morrowind Game of the Year Edition (European version). I am talking about first GotY edition and not Ubisoft budget version.
Are printed manuals and maps included in this release?

The original Morrowind game, and the two expansions Bloodmoon and Tribunal. Patched up the latest version, and that's it.

(It's the version that I bought... but the US version, so presumably, the European version is the same with a different publisher name on the box...)

The German Morrowind GotY case contains the Morrowind, Tribunal and Bloodmoon CDs, an English language TES Construction Set CD, a 52-page manual and a paper map of Morrowind/w Solstheim and Mournhold (thus combining the maps found in the original games). No idea if the original and budget versions differ from each other.

I got the English "PC Gamer" edition. It's the same as the Ubi budget edition it seems. It only has a DVD in a DVD case. Nothing else. No printed material at all.

necesseties of morrowind

I got the English "PC Gamer" edition. It's the same as the Ubi budget edition it seems. It only has a DVD in a DVD case. Nothing else. No printed material at all.

ok, then i know that this isn't on the last topic, but can anyone send me NOM_V2.1 please, for i have V2.2, but i need the files off V2.1, in order to make it work, and the download site never works.
Also, i may be new, but i am a morrowind expert.

I thought the tool that increased the draw distance, removed the fog and added distant land rendering incredible. You can actually see the landscape stretch out towards the horizon with it, like in Oblivion. Of course, your frame rate will suffer some from this. :)

I don't remember what the tool was called.

UPDATE: Okay, the tool is Morrowind Graphics Extender and it's really fun to play around with. Some videos and screenshot of it in action.

Last edited:
I'm digging this out, because I've got a question.

I've installed Morrowing GOTY Edition, and tried to install the "official plugins" from the website.

Now, my game crashes.

Question: Why is this ?

And: Are these plugins already contained in the GOTY edition ?

The GOTY version contains expansions only (Knights of the nine & Shivering Isles). It doesn't has the plug-ins (Fighter's Stronghold, Horse armor pack, etc) you have to pay to get if that's what you meant.

As for the crashing - deactivate new plug-ins to isolate the one that caused the crash. From my experience some plug-ins do cause CTD. Which other mods you're using?

I messed around with that graphics extender awhile back, pretty cool app that.

I've got an idea why my game crashes : These Plugins are English, my Game is German ... Might be incompatible ... The usual thing: If you play English, you're fine, any localized versions are BEEPed.

The glory of the one-language-only mass market. *sighs*

If it has been mentioned yet, and even if it has, it's worth suggesting finding and downloading the latest version of:
Morrowind Graphics Extender (MGE)
IF your video card is CAPABLE of running it (require SM2.0+ support IIRC). It WILL GREATLY enhance your visual experience in Morrowind, and if your computer/video are relatively recent and at least mid-range you should be able to run the default settings with little or no problems.

(Adds shaders, e.g. bloom and HDR effects, reflectivity, new and reflective water, extended view distances with objects. Can also be set to display triggers but that will mess up some things as the final version of things like the stronghold will be visible, but OTOH you will be able to see things like the doors on the Vivec Cantons the Ghostwall (or whatever it was called), etc. from a distance.)

The project that's adding the rest of morrowind to the game(sorry but the name escapes me ATM, maybe Tamriel Rebuilt but I'm likely wrong) has added a good size chunk of NE Morrowind mainland, and a bunch of quests. The map will be bugged in part of it as the Morrowind engine/UI was hardcoded for a specific map size which with the above mod extends it beyond it's coverage range. There may or may not be a fix for that, but you'll likely have to dig through multiple LONG threads to find the best one, which may not even work all that well IIRC.

I'm a step further with my crashing problem.

I've de-installed everything, left the plugins completely out and re-installed the game.

Now, what happens is this:

When I start the game, it seems that it wants to play a move. With the parchment--like background.

I deduce this from the fact that at one point I can suddenly see the mouse pointer - but only within a rectangle which has the size of a small video-window.

However, I can see nothing. All I can see is the overall parchment background and the mouse pointer - which is visible only within this ominous rectangle - but nothing happens.

I believe that this is the point whe the game crashes. And when I start the task manager, I indeed get a message - a dialog box - telling me about a crash.

So, the crashes perhaps weren't caused by the plugins - but by something else.

Has anyone a clue what I could do now ?

s that it wants to play a move. With the parchment--like background.

I deduce this from the fact that at one point I can suddenly see the mouse pointer - but only within a rectangle which has the size of a small video-window.

However, I can see nothing. All I can see is the overall parchment background and the mouse pointer - which is visible only within this ominous rectangle - but nothing happens.

I had significant stability problems with Morrowind as well, and I dont think it was the mods that caused it (more likely some conflicting piece of background software) since I had the problem in vanilla as well.

A startup problem was part of the mess. I dont remember exactly what my startup looked like, but IIRC first I get a loading screen with parchment and some monster model and maybe a progress bar. The trick was to either left click or press escape after the progress bar had run its course. If I just left the game to its own devices it would hang and never reach the main menu. Maybe your problem is similar?

And my main mod recommendation is the No-Glow mod.

This sounds very much like my own problem.

Back
Top Bottom