The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Several of us play our low level toons in the evenings so if you login to Skype / DDO you can get Rhogu to level 6 quickly. We need level 7 to be able to play with Corwin so spending some time on Rhogu too is probably not bad.

I propose we play with Wouldii on Friday evenings to do the quests you need to get raid flagged. Doing the outdoor quests in Meridian is probably a good place to start so you can get flagged for the Shroud. You lose some XP until you get to level 17. We can do the quests several times (normal first and then hard) because they give great XP for time spent. Can you please tell which of the Meridia quests you've done and which you still need?

If you put on the voice of master + XP boost from the guild ship you advance a bit further. Even better is to get an XP potion.
Like I said, haven't been to Meridia ever, so I need everything (S/R/E, sides, flags) in there. I need some flags in GH--definitely Crucible and maybe Madstone. Need to finish Necro3 and run Necro4 (have done the S/R/E in the Orchard other than 1 rare). I've got it all on my spreadsheet, but I don't remember everything for certain here at work. I'm completely open to whatever the group wants to run--I'll post the full list here once I get home and the group can select whatever they like.

I have to remember to swap in the Voice for my Blood Stone at the right times, but I usually do pretty good with that. If the group is willing to help me out with the quests, I'll invest in a good XP potion from the store to reduce your time repeating things.

For that matter, Phuury has never done a Shroud run even though he's flagged.

Running that will help Corwin get his level 20 and by next Friday hopefully we can do a lowbie run. It has been fun running low levels again, even if I do miss the speed and jump I once had. ;)

If we can swing Hard and Elite, which we should be able to open on, the extra xp on those quests should offset the penalty that Wouldii gets. Murianni should also join in, and we should be able to push her to 17, if not both of them. I need a metric ton of mats, so it won't be a wasted run for me, and Rachail will probably have plenty of time to craft as I have no clue on what I'd TR her into. My Arcane slot is filled, so now it's pretty open, though I'm still partial to a TWF Khopesh Warchanter Bard.

Here's the list:
Desert: DQ raid
GH: Crucible
Necro3: Forbidden, Tormented
Necro4: everything
Harbinger: 1st quest done
Twelve: everything
Reaver's Refuge: everything
Meridia: everything
Inspired Quarter: everything

Just remember, if we run lvl 18 (or so) quests on hard/elite, Wouldii is going to be significantly underpowered.

ultrastrength.jpg

103 STR, 67 CON. 1018 hp.

Nice. How many TR's do you have to do to need 4.3M XP to cap, I wonder?

2 or more. After the second TR, it remains at the same amount, no matter how many times you TR afterward.

In this particular case, the stat breakdown included a +2 from Completionist, which means he had TR'd at least 10 times. One life in each class. Nearly everything equipped appeared to be epic or greensteel items.

There is a new version of skype out. Everyone grab it at your own convenience.

I also have skype since a few weeks ago. But so far only a friend of mine knows about this. My name is the usual one ;) : Alrik Fassbauer (or alrikfassbauer). If you want to contact me, please use a message with which I can recognize you - because I ignore everyone else.

A loading screen has been seen for Update 10 (already!). I haven't seen any info, but it appears two things are in:

It will continue the Harbringer of Madness storyline (YAY!)

It will bring in Mimics (YAY!)

In other news, I am beginning to believe I won't TR Rachail for the immediate future. If I go with a melee build, I will be more dependent on gear for my abilities than Aerii is as a Sorcerer. Building 4 T3 Greensteel Khopeshes and a HP item will take time. Notably, I need a minimum of 5 runs in each of the flagging Vale quests, just for stones. 6-10 runs of the Shroud per item, though I can get T2 items fairly quickly, and it won't be quite as long due to Mirys being able to lend a hand.

This means I will have to hold back on Aerii a bit, as she is already two ranks into 10. Had I joined the Tempest spine run earlier, she'd have three ranks. As it is, I'll likely hit the VoN flagging quests sometime this week, and end up at 4 ranks, if not 11 entirely.

Last edited:
It also says unbound crafting is coming.

Well then our guild crafter better get his skills up. ;) I have a boat load of matts I can pass you once it goes unbound. Actually if you need anything now to up your skills yell, I can help you out with that process if needed.

Actually, I figured out the grind technique by accident. You can pull apart the shards themselves, not just magical items. That means the grind is: get a bunch of materials, combine them into shards (get crafting XP), pull shards apart (get tiny bit of XP), repeat ad nauseum. You never actually make any items. You don't get XP for item production anyway, and including that step in the grind process was a massive PITA anyway. There's a few idiosyncracies to picking which shards to build, and you rarely get back the same amount of materials that you put in, but it's mostly just a question of time and patience. I got Wouldii from ~lvl8 on all 3 types to ~lvl22 on all 3 types in about an hour before running out of lesser essences (you can turn greaters into lessers via a vendor, 5 for 1, but I've avoided doing that so far). Right now, the only economical way to get lesser essences is by tearing things apart, and the higher tier shards (I'm reliably doing tier 3's now out of I think 7 tiers total) take a couple hundred lessers each so that appears to be the limiting factor.

We'll have to see how much steeper the "prices" are to build unbound items. If the requirements get too steep, it might not make sense to have a "designated crafter" in the guild. If it turns out to be reasonable, I should have Wouldii in position to help the guild, particularly our lowbies.

Update 10 News:

1 - The Twelve's Enclave has been renovated.

2 - 4 new quests in this coming pack.

3 - Good items include a trinket which gives +2 Enchantment DCs, Exceptional Charisma +1, and a 5m summons of a random Xoriat critter, such as Mind Flayers and Beholders. The other? A Greataxe which reportedly rivals the Sword of Shadows in power (the SoS is currently the most powerful Two-handed weapon in DDO... and that was AFTER being nerfed to about half the power it once was). There's also a decent longsword for Peter's FvS to use, which gives a +1 exceptional WIS, and +4 Insight to AC.

Also a decent Qstaff for a certain upcoming Acrobat to swing against Aberrations, and a named Warhammer (the first I think...)

Well I have my skills up some on Testy, so if continuing to build her up would be better let me know. I leave that to your brains to sort out. She has quite a lot of matts and items to be deconstructed/ set up for crafting. So I will just keep saving stuff so we'll talk about it friday.

I'll be on dial-up this weekend as I'm down at my beach unit. Haven't had time for any games all week. Who said being retired meant more time for gaming!!!! Sheesh.

Well, stop saying yes all the time and maybe you could play more. hehe

Back
Top Bottom