Larian - New Nextgen Screenshot & Forums

Wow that certianly looks nice.
Gald to see Divinity getting a graphic upgrade. :)

I'm sure their next game will be better than BD!!

I think that it looks great ... and I have great hopes for something really exciting coming along from these guys ...

This is the part where I miss VB coming along and saying that he can tell from the screenshot that the game has been dumbed down for fat Americans living in their parents' basements ... no, not really ;)

Mike, go stand in the corner for 2 hours, you naughty boy!!!! :)

If Larian have taken serious notice of the reaction to BD then i hope lessons have been learned and a real gem of a game should result, even if the next release is along the lines of the original DD, it will be on my list.

DD was a great title--had some great lines and a lot of humor in the npcs--also liked the way they handled map navigation with the teleporter stones. The updated look on the screenshot is very nice. Look forward to seeing what Larian can do with the franchise-- if it is DD2, that is.

If Larian have taken serious notice of the reaction to BD
Everything I've read indicates that they know that (a) the end of DD was rushed, and (b) BD was inadequate as a successor ... so I'm really hopeful.

I don't know if Larian understands quite why Beyond Divinity wasn't as good though. I think that some parts of the game like the Battlefields were a huge step backwards and 1000 randomly generated combinations of the same repetitive tileset is the worst that the genre has to offer. I think that the PC action/RPG needs an infusion of new ideas. The formula is getting kind of boring now. I'm so damn sick of tileset-based games with randomly generated content. They all seem the same to me, except for maybe Sacred. Even with that game though, I got bored with it after about 25-30 hours. I couldn't play Titan Quest for more than about an hour, it was so boring and derivative. The Dungeon Siege series at least has great multiplayer, but if you don't have anyone to play the game with, it's excruciatingly boring.

I would love to see Divinity 2 be like Divinity 1 with a graphical upgrade and a more balanced role playing system, and perhaps a totally seamless world (vs. DD's world with loading zones here and there). Less maze-like boring repetitive dungeons and more hand-crafting ala the Gothic series or old Bioware and Black Isle RPG's. The fun of exploring the world of a hand-crafted RPG, in my opinion, overcomes all sorts of problems. This seems to be a forgotten art in RPG-making nowadays. It's the reason why I stick with Gothic 3 despite hating it sometimes and it being nearly unplayable on my system.

The screenshot does look beautiful though. Larian has really good artists. I think that they also interact on their forums more than most developers and take ideas from the community. They even named some of the characters in BD after frequent posters. I thought that was a very nice gesture.

Last edited:
Impossible to say anything from a single screenshot, as they can be taken at certain angles and with certain light settings to seem far more impressive than they really are. I usually wait with comments about a games graphics till I see in-game videos, and that's what I'm going to do this time as well.

Pretty but it'll take more then pretty graphics for example Oblivion :)

I'm really interested to see how this ends up i liked Divine Divinity although it was rushed near the end and BD was total trash.

This is an ingame shot? Hope not, though it looks pretty.

Back
Top Bottom