Survivalist, can't believe it's such a good game.

Acleacius

SasqWatch
I can't believe there's no thread about this game! :slap:

Did anyone else find Survivalist really good Zombie RPG for under $5 US (sale price seems to be $2.49 US) I'm pleasantly surprised after an hour or two and I haven't even tried CooP yet. FYI, fast action, Top Down, with up to 3 other NPCs or players (CooP) I'm guessing. There base building and management, also an actual story. There's also actual Cause and Effect, Factions and Quests.

I'm now over 40 hours and restarted twice now, after about 10 hours each previous attempt. There is a pause but all it allows you to do is look around and see on coming, onslaught. Also stand corrected you can have more than 3 group members, hell you can have a whole freaking army following you around. People spend hours if not days and weeks making mods for TES or Fallout to add more followers and in this game it's no problem.

This is just freaking insane for $5 US, which will probably be $2.49 in 3 days. This game could EASILY not only compete with $20 game but beat most of them. CooP (haven't tried yet) was a free patch! According to Bob the P.R. Bot (the developer) he originally made this for the xbox but regrets not making it mod capable. This is a good sign since he's working on the sequel and I'm really looking forward to it. :celebrate:

Thanks for the info. It looks a bit too fast-paced for my particular co-op preferences. Any other games like this that are slower and/or turn-based, maybe? (and also co-op)

Oh there's a speed button, you might be able to use Pause before combat then use the Slow Down before releasing Pause. You really wouldn't want to Slow while moving around it, would seem waaaay to slow, since there's lots of running. Another thing that helps is having more members in your team. Solo your getting one shot off per round, with 5 others now your getting 6 shots per round.

I'll play around with it some, see if I can find a good solution. You should really consider getting it just to support this developer. Solo he did a better job than State of Decay, just not as good of graphics. There is also a lot of comparison to Dead State just not TB and not a lot of individual personality types.

Just the fact he has Factions and NPCs, cause and effect based on the way you treat them individually, their friends and family or faction. There's quite a bit of humor too. For instance, two of the rival factions are previous fast food chain employees. There's the deep fried chicken faction and the burger flippers faction, named Fat Neil's & McCoys. It's also possible to side with The Looters, a bunch of thieves, bullies and probably killers. There not a united faction but a bunch of small individual factions.

tnx for the tip, downloading

Turns out the speed button is on slowest by default, so no luck there. It's so reasonably priced there's no way I could legitimately complain. :thanks:

One thing that's pretty neat, a first time player might not know. Your view is based on the weapon you use, so pistols zoom you down and sniper rifle (find asap!!!! ) zooms you out the farthest for the best view. Sniper rifle actually allows you to see the enemies before they see you.

The game was mentioned multiple times.

For example, when FO4 was released. To mention how NPCs behave in survivalist as they virtually scavenge, farm, build etc

This small game does it when bigger products fail.

I can believe it. Got the game in a humble bundle and wasn't expecting much from it. Turned out to be one of those hidden gems.

ChienAboyeur, mentioning something is great. However at least having a thread to show support for a independent developer who as you put it, "This small game does it when bigger products fail." is the least we could do, wouldn't you agree.

This game is so good it deserves to be talked about on it's own, not in the shadows of other games. As I mentioned before the developer is/has been working on a sequel. While I don't know much about it, do know Unity engine is free but not sure any Unity games have CooP. Unreal obviously has CooP and apparently is making really good deals with independents these days. Especially considering he wouldn't need the newest Unreal, hell he could try to get the original engine for free.

Last edited:
As suspected Survivalist is now on sale at Steam during the Winter Sale, for $2.49 US!

Back
Top Bottom