A Total War Saga: Troy - New Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Twinfinite report on a new trailer for A Total War Saga: Troy.

Today Creative Assembly released a new trailer of the upcoming Total War game A Total War Saga: Troy.

The video focuses on the game's economy based on five resources, food, wood, stone, bronze, and gold.

We also get to take a look at settlements, trade, on top of the purpose for each resource.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

As much a I love playing these games I have to admit the core formula is getting very stale. Basically build and conquer. Maybe I'm getting to old as fans keep buying them.

Another aspect I don't like is the DLC milking on par with Paradox games. It just got worse after Sega bought the studio. You have to play for blood in combat nowadays.:roll:

It doesn't even has the non-RPG tag on the news-bit in-case you missed it.

Still better then the 90% low budget indie TB whatever you label them news-bits.:biggrin:

It seems to be free in the first 24 hours after release (source).

Read about that a month back only for a short time though due to Sega's Epic exclusive deal for a year. It wont be out on Steam till 2021 and it wont be free then.

Huh, that's cool. I'll be picking this up for free then. Played my first total War game a few months back (Warhammer 2). Gotta say it was pretty fun - and I'm someone who does not like real-time battles. Though after about 40 or 50 hours on the epically long main campaign I was starting to grow a bit bored...

Still, I'll definitely give this one a go when it comes out.

Huh, that's cool. I'll be picking this up for free then. Played my first total War game a few months back (Warhammer 2). Gotta say it was pretty fun - and I'm someone who does not like real-time battles. Though after about 40 or 50 hours on the epically long main campaign I was starting to grow a bit bored…

Well you don't have to play the battles you can skip most of them. It's as simple as pressing a button called auto-resolve the battle. Though you lose more that way.

Huh, that's cool. I'll be picking this up for free then. Played my first total War game a few months back (Warhammer 2). Gotta say it was pretty fun - and I'm someone who does not like real-time battles. Though after about 40 or 50 hours on the epically long main campaign I was starting to grow a bit bored…

I've played the Medieval games some years ago and it was pretty fun. I'd really like to play Total War in a fantasy setting but I just can't stand Warhammer.

I've played the Medieval games some years ago and it was pretty fun. I'd really like to play Total War in a fantasy setting but I just can't stand Warhammer.
You can play a good LOTR mod for Medieval II: Total War if you have that game.

Link - https://www.moddb.com/mods/third-age-total-war
'Third Age - Total War' is a total conversion modification for 'Medieval II: Total War - Kingdoms Expansion' that brings you into the world of Middle-earth.

~ Play epic and strategically demanding battles with the armies of Middle-earth and their respective heroes
~ An extensive playable campaign map featuring locations taken straight from Middle-earth lore
~ 14 unique factions, including Gondor, Rohan, High and Silvan elves, Dwarves, Eriador, Dale, Arnor, Isengard, Mordor, Rhun, Harad, the Orcs of Gundabad and the Orcs of the Misty Mountains
~ A great variety of units, including many famous creatures like Ents, Mumakil, Trolls, Wargs, Spiders or Sauron himself
~ More than 25 custom settlements and famous locations
There is a lot of more to discover including Improved AI, new sounds, music, movies, custom artwork amoung many other new features…
Third Age - Total War is a must have for all strategy and Lord of the Rings fans alike.

I tried it, and I wasn't impressed. However, it made me go back to play a campaign of Total War: Warhammer II.

Free for now with the added bonus of multiple paid DLC later. Quite a bargain.:)

DOmf6EvXcAIcEuc

It's the Creative Assembly Way post Sega.:greedy:

Don't know who is worse Paradox or them. At least Paradox doesn't make you pay just to see blood in every new game. Mostly due to keeping the T rating on Steam instead of M.

Free for now with the added bonus of multiple paid DLC later. Quite a bargain.:)

If you link your Epic Store account the game site, you also get the upcoming Amazons DLC for free. I get people have to whine about something, because it's the nature of bored individuals with access to the internet, but whining about free games+DLC on the day of release just because at some point they might be offered paid DLC feels extreme to me, especially with all the Kickstarter, Early Access, paid lootboxes and Paid XP Boost shit going on all over the place, just to mention a few. Seems kinda weighted and personal for no reason at all.

I can counter and say your not an old fan of the series are you? I've been playing these ever since the first one was released, and I'm not liking the direction the developer has taken.

Anyway by all means enjoy your bland free game I'm not judging you. Just expect a shit ton of paid DLC's in the next two years. They already outlined the DLC's for this year already.

I am not a die-hard fan of Total War, but I own Warhammer I+II and all DLCs because I think they are great games. Sure, it's a lot of snippets of content for extra cash, but they're not mandatory either and don't downgrade the game or the experience you get out of it if you don't purchase them.

I get this sucks for PvP people who feel the need to keep up with every latest update to keep competitive, since usually newer stuff does well against the old stuff, even though factions for the most part (should) stay balanced. Not my favourite business model, but at least you get real content every time that is not mandatory in order to fully enjoy the parts that you already had before.

Back
Top Bottom