Age of Conan - Happy Sixth Anniversary

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Funcom reminded everyone is new press statement that Age of Conan has just turned six years old. So here is the news about the games sixth anniversary.

Age of Conan turns 6, celebrates its biggest PvP update ever!

Players celebrate Age of Conan's sixth Anniversary with a brand new event and the massive Festival of Bloodshed PvP system

Funcom's Age of Conan expands with the special Shadows of the Past anniversary event and the Festival of Bloodshed Player-vs-Player (PvP) update. In the Shadows of the Past event players get to take on a brand new adventure where they uncover a plot against King Conan himself and travel back to the island of Tortage to discover the true power behind this new threat.

The all new Festival of Bloodshed PvP system offers a whole new range of activities for the players. Every month there will a be week-long PvP festival, where players face off against each other in many unique events. The system also contains all new PvP Quests and fresh rewards, such as a companion who will taunt nearby players based on their number of PvP deaths.

Click here to read more about the Festival of Bloodshed
Click here to read more about the Shadows of the Past event
More information.

Great guns, this game is still alive??

Since they decided to move all servers to the US, I've stopped following it.

This is one game you do NOT want to play with 150+ ms pings - unless you intend to ignore PvP, that is.

But it's sad, as the game had tremendous potential. Could have been one of the best, if not THE best MMO.

It had great promise, yes. I was especially intrigued by the [relatively rare] attempt to make a tank mage class with the Herald of Xotli. If the technical bugs + pvp griefing launch woes + dichotomy between levels 1-20 and the rest of the game had been better handled, the game would be in much better shape today.

Hindsight is 20/20 ;)

The first 20 levels of AoC were simply amazing. I wonder if AoC is actually profitable these days? I guess it is, since they're still maintaining it.

The first 20 levels of AoC were simply amazing. I wonder if AoC is actually profitable these days? I guess it is, since they're still maintaining it.

My estimation is barely.... But IIRC, they've sort of merged the server-stuff from both TSW and AoC - so that's likely a way to save money.

Again, quite sad, really.

AoC was a promising game, playing my HoX was really fun, shame it was released literally half-finished. Also while the combo system was fun while levelling, half an hour in an instance made your fingers bleed.

only 6 years? feels that I played this game at release much longer for some reason.
I also loved the first 20 levels. If only the rest of the game had been done like that.

Yeah, leveling up was great. End level game was a grind fest.

Played it six years ago, was indeed a great game. Just downloaded the free to play version to give it another try. Anyone in the same situation? How is your opinion about re live the game.

Played it six years ago, was indeed a great game. Just downloaded the free to play version to give it another try. Anyone in the same situation? How is your opinion about re live the game.

Game is obviously better now, but the population is dwindling steadily.

As I said, I can't play a game like this with high ping - and since the servers are in the US now, I've dropped it.

Still a fine game at the core, though.

Game is obviously better now, but the population is dwindling steadily.

As I said, I can't play a game like this with high ping - and since the servers are in the US now, I've dropped it.

Still a fine game at the core, though.

Guess it will be PVE only for me then. With a bad ping it will only be frustrating in PVP. Lets see if my assassin can still build a name for it self.

I tried the game when it moved to F2P and I didn't like the combo combat, I just found it clunky.

Back
Top Bottom