RPGWatch Forums - View Single Post - General News - Upcoming RPG / Adventure Games
View Single Post

September 22nd, 2021, 02:48
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
Well regardless of intent people will start to self censor themselves. I've seen it happen too often and sites often turn out worse for it. The road to hell is paved with good intentions and all that jazz. The comments I've seen in this thread seem a complete non issue.
Well, self-censorship is something we all do all the time in order to function in society. In fact, if the brain is damaged, sometimes people lose the ability to do so, and their lives are a nightmare. The ability to think, "No, that's unnecessarily shitty - I won't say that," is part of being a functioning human being, not some Orwellian paranoid fantasy.

Anyhow, I don't think it's a big deal. I'm just asking people to consider the impact of their twatty comments, and not to be surprised if they actually have to notice I'm a moderator on this one.
--
"I cannot define the real problem, therefore I suspect there's no real problem, but I'm not sure there's no real problem."
Richard Feynman

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)