What games are you playing now?

You've heard partially right.
The patching is over (except apparently a few hotfixes for stuff you can find only if you know they're broken). Also, they' promised corrections to enemy AI (automatic pathfinding results in silly routes sometimes, happens sometimes an enemy trashmob kills his own comrade due to friendly fire).

But that's it. So buy.
What they're actually working on is the game expansion. Is it standalone or will happen after the game finale, it's not clear yet, but it won't mess the current game. Apparently.

I tried ATOM and, partly due to being in a gaming funk right now, I just couldn't get used to the steep camera angle. It really made me appreciate Tim Cain's more lenient angle for Fallout 1/2.

Will try again some other time.

The problem is called: Unity. No cure to that clunkyness sadly, this engine is a slave to inferior hardware. Read: phones. Which means finger and doublefinger on touchscreen idiocy needed to be "ported" to k+m.

Luckily this game doesn't emulate phones' UI retardness with keyboard or mushrooms garbageware, but the camera is mapped on the mouse.
Humor yourself a bit with rolling midmouse and holding rightmouse then moving the mouse. It's easy to get into it. ;)

Atom is an RPG made in homage to the classic Fallout games made on a shoestring budget. I didn't expect a new Bethesda style Fallout with a bloated budget.

As for the Unity Engine it has many pluses and drawbacks but being made for inferior hardware is not one them. The company is also going public so it's not going anywhere.

Back to Atom it took me a while to get used to playing, but once I did I couldn't stop playing it. It's also getting new content released free for buyers so that's a plus.

I didn't expect a new Bethesda style Fallout with a bloated budget.
I wouldn't buy ATOM if it looked like that. :D

In other words, even being horrible as PC engine (but is basically instaport from phonedeveloped software onto PC), I'd take Unity any day over Gamebryo renamed into something else with every update. ;)

I wouldn't buy ATOM if it looked like that. :D

In other words, even being horrible as PC engine (but is basically instaport from phonedeveloped software onto PC), I'd take Unity any day over Gamebryo renamed into something else with every update. ;)
Don't call it the Gamebryo Engine Joxer it's now called the Creation Engine. :giggle:

Still recall reading the replies from thread about Bethesda and it's obsolete engine. They should just adopt the id Tech engine but it can't render movable objects.
“No, because of moveable objects [in Fallout 4],” reasoned Hines. “Doom has interactive stuff, but it doesn’t account for hundreds and thousands of little items that you can pick up and move and they’re all individual. It’s not suited for a game where you want to have thousands [of items] and clutter the world with all this stuff that’s all interactive and has physics. It’s just not what it’s for.”

I've no need to buy ATOM, sponsored it from the start and I've been raring to go into it for months now. Based on the comments here, that might turn out to be sooner rather than later!

Yeah, I'm looking forward to playing ATOM as well. I spent a little time with the release version and enjoyed it well enough. I'll wait a bit longer before fully diving in since they still seem to be tweaking it.

I'm playing Metro Exodus now.

Playing Far Cry New Dawn then probably give Metro:Exodus a look to see if I'll enjoy it.

Don't forget to overclock your CPU!

And is far cry new dawn as bad as the reviews suggest ?
Have to say nope it feels like an expansion of Far Cry 5 but that's about it. So if you enjoyed Far Cry 5 it's more of the same. Also yes it does overheat your cpu.

It might run all 4 cores at 100% but I doubt it would overheat my cpu as it maxes out around 60C :)
-
Having said that I never played far cry 5 so not sure if it was any good (or not).

Have to say nope it feels like an expansion of Far Cry 5 but that's about it. So if you enjoyed Far Cry 5 it's more of the same. Also yes it does overheat your cpu.

It's the same formula since the first game. You kill the enemy, liberate strongholds, craft weapons, watch cut-scenes & learn a moral lesson in the process of playing.

As for my CPU & GPU heating every new Ubisoft game on the PC has this issue for me. Games like Assassin Creed Odyssey, Origin, and FarCry 5 turn my desktop into a sauna.

Last edited:
As for my CPU & GPU heating every new Ubisoft game on the PC has this issue for me. Games like Assassin Creed Odyssey, Origin, and FarCry 5 turn my desktop into a sauna.
Oddly I didn't notice AC Origins or Odyssey were trying to boil my CPU. It was overrated and overhyped AC4 rubbish that was doing it and now apparently this new FC spinoff uses the same philosophy - kill their CPU so they buy i9. Maybe Ubi signed a contract with both intel and AMD to force us to spend thousands for no reason. ;)

There is no way I'll ever buy FC5 though, what I saw on a few vids was yet another mediocrity I don't have time for. Especially after Origins and Odyssey.
The nuclear spinoff, depends. If they patch the code and when they drop the price which is currently IMO too high for a standalone expansion, I'm in.

Tried Fallout 76 again. They just revealed the most impressive road map I've ever seen for a game - so I thought it was about time I got back to it.

Sadly, performance is crap. I don't know what happened - as I don't remember this level of stuttering and freezing.

I'm extremely sensitive to that sort of thing - and I've been unable to come up with settings that give me a sufficiently smooth experience.

If they don't fix this in the next couple of patches, I'm going to be super pissed - because there's a TON of great things coming up.

I've decided to play Arcanum and I'm very glad I did. It's my first time through after only playing a handful of hours previously and I'm really enjoying it even more this time, hoping to complete it and continue losing myself in this awesome world. Great game that is still pretty today, too.

Evil Within 2 - about 4 hours in - not sure if I like this or not. The 'check point' save system is annoying as a 'shooter' it is pretty weak - but the story side is a bit better and the atmosphere isn't bad; but the graphics are not that great. Will probably finish so opinion might change during the journey. I hear dying light is better but who knows.

Back
Top Bottom