Iceland wins

No surprise in the South Korea vs Mexico match-up, except I'd say the Koreans were pretty game in the conflict. They gave the Mexicans a pretty good battle, in my opinion. It could have gone either way.

The game on now might be one for the ages, I think the stadium almost exploded when Germany got that equalizer!!

No surprise in the South Korea vs Mexico match-up, except I'd say the Koreans were pretty game in the conflict. They gave the Mexicans a pretty good battle, in my opinion. It could have gone either way.

The game on now might be one for the ages, I think the stadium almost exploded when Germany got that equalizer!!

That final strike in the Germany-Sweden game was amazing !

That game went on and on with no additional time notification. I wonder...

Great game, based on the first half I thought Sweden had found an answer to the German offence, and they had, until the second half. Another excellent game for the record books.

Wow if that was actually coordinated to mess with the team's performance, that is beyond ridiculous. I was impressed that Iran took them to a tie, I fully expected Portugal to be dominant.

Does anyone else have to eliminate the audio while watching football these days? There is so much screeching, wailing and other noises from the audience in the stands that I simply mute it, that noise just drives me wild.

Doesn't usually bother me too much... except for the extreme use of vuvuzelas they had in the South African World Cup.

I think they reserves the win. They had the upper hand for the whole game

I agree, the Germans were (and are) the better team. But damn that goal in the 95th minute hurt, total moodkiller. If they're going to win anyway, couldn't they just score early and be done with it? Still, one game to go against Mexico so I won't start crying yet.

Good games today, I'm especially impressed with Iran. But damn did that game get ugly, with everyone yelling at the referee and using foul play. I wish the refs would toughen up and start handing out a lot more cards to get rid of that behavior.

Doesn't usually bother me too much… except for the extreme use of vuvuzelas they had in the South African World Cup.

The damn…G- something the Iranians used are just as bad. I'm glad they didn't go through to the next round only because of that horrible noise.

By the way, @Carnifex;, aren't you Canadian? Do a lot of people even watch the Football World Cup there? Or in the US? I know it's the largest sport in the world, but I thought most of North America couldn't care less.

Yes, a horrible noise they used to try and deprive the Portuguese team of sleep. Good riddance.

One of my older brothers made it to the practice squad for the football Olympics for the American team back in the seventies, so that sport has always been near and dear to my heart. I was born in England, lived in London for a bit and then Ireland, so I was probably exposed to the sport more than your average North American kid. Oh, and don't forget about Mexico, they have an honest love for the sport there, and have for quite some time.

Looks like Portugal will be getting knocked out sooner rather than later now that they finished second in the group phase and must face Uruguay on Saturday!

Looks like Portugal will be getting knocked out sooner rather than later now that they finished second in the group phase and must face Uruguay on Saturday!

I don't think so personally. They haven't been tested yet and I think Portugal will be ready for a tough game.

Normally I'd agree, but I find it hard to be enthusiastic about a team that includes Ronaldo, great player though he is.

Back
Top Bottom