Interesting links for gamers (Indie games, Abandonware, Mods)

Feline fuelled games strikes again:

Die Chroniken von Coldramar is a 20 hour free german mod for Dragon Age: Origins.
A complete new story of 3 young barbarians is told.

Very impressive, it even has full voiceovers. I wish I understood German. :)

Very impressive, it even has full voiceovers. I wish I understood German. :)

Good news - the team of feline fuelled games is working on an English version of "Die Chroniken von Coldramar" = ("The Chronicles of Coldramar"), too.

If you want to help doing the translation work ( German -> English)
volunteer here:

http://www.felinefuelledgames.de/forum/index.php

or here

http://www.dragon-age-workshop.de/forum/index.php

this is one of the best mods for Dragon Age!

-> wonderful in game music "Die Rache der Ley"

DoomRL (graphics version) pretty fun rogue like:

http://doom.chaosforge.org/

Ha ha, made the first episode and first levels of second, very fun. I had heard about DoomRL since a long time, but have this graphic and mildly mouse version is perfect to discover it. At super easiest difficulty it's pretty fun, I still don't understand fully the turns mechanisms and how dodge but it's very fun. Too bad it can't be fullscreen and with a bit bigger graphics. Also the Mac version isn't adapted to my French keyboard, but ok very fun anyway.

After Tome4 with a full graphical game and interface, and few time before Dungeons of Dredmor, that's my period of discovering of original Roguelike, last one was Adom many years ago, great one but very classical approach and I'm not tempted anymore by this approach.

That said I regret DoomRL is permadeath, my character hasn't died yet thanks to the difficulty level, but I bet this will happen and I'm not sure how I'll feel to restart all from the beginning.

Telepath RPG: Servants of God from Sinister Design is a hardcore turn based combat game with a good story and interesting characters.

Highly recommended if you like challenging games.

I played a part of the demo until my character died isolated in a tavern fight, well the trick was more to escape the fight but I didn't found the solution at first attempt. And I realized I hadn't saved since many hours, lol.

At first it seems like a tactical RPG with focus on story and characters plus the fights and some RPG management, but not really exploration. But I died in an exploration which was more like a true exploration so I don't know and the world map shown in the video seems indicate many area. The price is a bit high for an indie game not too recent but if it's big and the quality is here it worth it.

But I wonder is it a box? The only way to buy it seems through the site and it requires ton of information, address, and so on. i really just want the digital, that's troubling.

It's also a series and Servants of God is the third, the first two chapters are free to play browser games. I just started the second (he mentions himself the first isn't that good) and lol it seems a rather close approach than Servants of God. It's a strange/original mix of Hardcore/Casual/A RPG with voice acting and developed story.

Someone wanna try this? ;)

Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden

The Great B-Ball Purge of 2041, a day so painful to some that it is referred to only as the “B-Ballnacht”. Thousands upon thousands of the world’s greatest ballers were massacred in a swath of violence and sports bigotry as the game was outlawed worldwide. The reason: the Chaos Dunk, a jam so powerful its mere existence threatens the balance of chaos and order. Among the few ballers and fans that survived the basketball genocide was Charles Barkley, the man capable of performing the “Verboten Jam”…

Flash forward 12 years to the post-cyberpocalyptic ruins of Neo New York, 2053. A Chaos Dunk rocks the island of Manhattan, killing 15 million. When the finger is put on the aging Charles Barkley, he must evade the capture of the B-Ball Removal Department, led by former friend and baller Michael Jordan, and disappear into the dangerous underground of the post-cyberpocalypse to clear his name and find out the mysterious truth behind the Chaos Dunk. Joined by allies along the way, including his son Hoopz, Barkley must face the dangers of a life he thought he gave up a long time ago and discover the secrets behind the terrorist organization B.L.O.O.D.M.O.S.E.S.

A tale of zaubers, b-balls, and atonement; brave dangers unheard of, face spectacular challenges that even the greatest ballers could not overcome, and maybe… just maybe… redeem basketball once and for all in:

Tales of Game’s Studios Presents Chef Boyardee’s Barkley, Shut Up & Jam: Gaiden, Chapter 1 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa.

Space Funeral:

Phillip and the Leg Horse set off on a strange and deadly mission to find the legendary City Of Forms from which all things in the world are derived. On their travels they must overcome ghosts, criminals, hyponosis, lions, Draculas, cryptic letters, muscle hedonists, swamp knights, mysterious caves, blood ghouls, grotesque monsters, purple drank and more in order to discover the secret of Space Funeral.

A shortish RPG Maker 2003 game with original graphics, a soundtrack of creaky vintage electronica and obscure Japanese noiserock, and lots of blood.

Arrow keys walk, Z interacts, X opens menu, standalone download. Please play + give me crits thankyou!!

Back
Top Bottom