Two Worlds - Update Interview @ RPG Vault

This information from insidetwoworlds.com might be relevant:

After the last Press-Release there were many misunderstandings. To clarify it all, we asked ZuxxeZ for more details on the MP.

Here are the facts:

1. The Multiplayer consists of multiple servers distributed across the whole world. Joining a Server, you will launch in a city and talk with other gamers. Up to 8 players can group and solve quests together. This is valid for both PC and the Xbox 360 users.

2. Currently PC and Xbox 360 Owners cannot play together. It *can* be that in the future Windows Vista and Xbox 360 Users can join together in one game via Xbox Live.

3. You will not have to pay a monthly fee, not on PC and not on the Xbox 360.

Thanks for that info - I'm not really sure what to think. I'm in it for the Single Player, yet I also had fun playing Guild Wars (not enough to get any expansions, though) ... so this idea seems at least interesting - so long as SP is solid.

Yes. It is supposed to be similar as Guild Wars even though I haven't played it. The Singleplayer is my main attraction too, but the MP/MMO adds some durability to the game. But interesting as you say.

BTW, I'm not sure if the same distribution model applies to the US but unless they have changed plans, at least Euro players will be able to buy a single player only version of the game for EUR 25.00. The regular version (with MP included) will be EUR 40.00 - 45.00 and the CE should go for about EUR 59.00 - 65.00. So if you really don't want to get into MP, you can always just buy the cheaper budget version.

BTW, I'm not sure if the same distribution model applies to the US but unless they have changed plans, at least Euro players will be able to buy a single player only version of the game for EUR 25.00. The regular version (with MP included) will be EUR 40.00 - 45.00 and the CE should go for about EUR 59.00 - 65.00. So if you really don't want to get into MP, you can always just buy the cheaper budget version.

oh, but they don't sell that SP-only version on ZuxxeZ online store, so are you completely sure about that?

But by mentioning distribution model, then there's another possibility too. Topware who distributes Two Worlds in USA has a couple of games on Steam and Reality Pump's Earth 2k-andsomething RTS game is also being sold on Steam, so it might be an open window for Reality Pump to use. but it's just a thought.

Regards Asbjørn

But by mentioning distribution model, then there's another possibility too. Topware who distributes Two Worlds in USA has a couple of games on Steam and Reality Pump's Earth 2k-andsomething RTS game is also being sold on Steam, so it might be an open window for Reality Pump to use. but it's just a thought.

Ooh ... that is a nice thought ... I'd love to do a Steam buy for this!

oh, but they don't sell that SP-only version on ZuxxeZ online store, so are you completely sure about that?

Yes, 100% sure (unless they have changed plans, as I said ;) ). Here's the news from August last year: http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/news?ref=0&id=16#1693
and you can pre-order the EUR 25.00 version from German Okaysoft or Austrian Gameware (OK... EUR 29.00... evil, greedy Austrians :biggrin: ) for example.
It is true though that it is a little strange that the SP version is not offered from Zuxxez directly and that it is nowhere to be found on Amazon. Maybe they have changed plans... or Amazon has not updated their product catalogue yet to include the SP only version... who knows? :)

And as ever, nothing anywhere about Australia!! Does that German source ship down here? Many don't!!

And as ever, nothing anywhere about Australia!! Does that German source ship down here? Many don't!!

According to OkaySoft...

EU - Yes (EUR 16.50 S&H)
Switzerland - Yes (EUR 18.90 S&H)
Rest of the world - Please ask at: info@okaysoft.de

And Gameware says pretty much the same. Their mail address is: info@gameware.at

But wouldn't it be better for you to order from places like GameUK or Play.com (UK)? They have Two Worlds listed as well.

Do they have the SP only version available?

Hmmm... no, doesn't look like it. Just the regular versions at GBP 29.99 (Game) and GBP 24.99 (Play). And the CE seems to be on offer only at Game for GBP 39.99. Maybe they will start listing the SP only version (unless that one has been scrapped) when the game gets closer to release. We still got a little while to go till May ;) .

The CE has neat stuff like full card game and a paper knife (yes im a sucka). Too bad I have to buy the MP too with it oh well.

If I were you I would wait for the game release and reviews. I dont like to buy cat in a bag.

If I were you I would wait for the game release and reviews. I dont like to buy cat in a bag.

But how much are the reviews to be trusted, when they've all praised Oblivion as perhaps one of the best games of all time.

But sometimes you have a good feeling about a game and decides to preorder it, while other games you would rather wait and see. We all have different "taste" and thoughts about which games are good and which aren't. I don't know if I will preorder it yet, but I'll definitely buy it before all the reviews, because I want to experience this game from a neutral stand point. And hope that it will be good, so that I don't have to waste more money like I did with my preorder of TES 4: Oblivion Collector's Edition.

Regards Asbjørn

Just to keep everyone updated about some trivia from insidetwoworlds.com:

It (multiplayer beta) will start in few days. We will announce it when it happens. Don't ask for slots, as this is only a limited beta and all invitations are already sent.

Regards Asbjørn

Indeed sometimes you just know whether a game is good. Sixth sense or something :) And now I'm having that feeling with witcher. As for Two worlds, i'm not certain yet.

It works both ways too. Back then I had this uneasy feeling with dx2 but nonetheless bought it. should have listened to my inner voice :)

Back
Top Bottom