Obsidian Entertainment - MCA Profile @ CelebritySC

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Is Chris Avellone the most profiled developer ever? Anyway, A site called CelebritySC has an interview/profile, mostly focused on his background and work:
How do you resolve creative disputes during the game development process? Please provide an example scenario.
We simply discuss it. When a conflict arises between two people of the same level, then their superior breaks the tie. It rarely comes to this as long as the hierarchy is well-established and everyone is aware of who has the final say. For example, if a conflict arises with a mission in a game, and the Systems Designer, Level Designer, and Narrative Designer disagree, the systems designer is the one who can make the call over the others because they are in charge of moment-to-moment gameplay. After that, the level designer is the next highest because they take the systems and put them in the context of a level – last on the totem pole is the narrative designer, whose job it is to give context to the level in the larger world.
More information.

Sounds like it should work fine, as long as they got rid of whatever smartass decided it would be funny to spawn critters in the middle of Goodsprings every 3 days. Oh, and whoever thought it was a good idea to put so many blatant references to obscure graphic novels that I never even heard of into New Vegas as well. Not only did I not find that amusing, I found it damn annoying that they invested so much of their development effort into that. That guy needs to find a new line of work.

Back
Top Bottom