Bonez Adventures: Tomb of Fulaos

buckaroobonzai

VR nomad
Another obscure game, a mix of RPG and Adventure this game explores a different direction in gameplay. It mixes RPG, with traditional Adventure game elements like puzzles, and even a bit of platforming. I was thinking about a similar gameplay combination and how it would work for new gameplay. I think more games need to explore innovative ideas in gameplay to make the genre continue to really progress, graphics are only decorations.

I believe Light Crusader (pretty good) and Ultima 9(not to well) tried RPG hybrids with some platforming to various degrees of success. However, to do it seamlessly as a perfect blend of integral gameplay is the goal. How well does Bonez Adventures accomplish this goal?

Here is there old website:
http://www.bonez-adventures.com/main.html

Has anyone played this game, does anyone have the full game, where can you get it?

Last edited:
Found the demo, don't know if you can buy it. Game sounds like an interesting direction of gameplay elements, RPG/Adventure and a bit of platforming. Now to find out whether it plays well.

Never heard of it before, searched for a review, found only this:
http://www.gamespot.com/bonez-adventures/user-reviews/181046/

Dunno where exactly you can buy it, but since the demo is listed as shareware, an info how to buy the game is probably inside the demo.

Does anyone know where, how to get this game, the full version? I have the demo and it's pretty neat, I tried to purchase it and the store does not have it anymore. I have not been able to find it anywhere, anyone have an idea, I really want to play this game, it gives me good inspiration for anew CRPG design.

You can buy German version on ebay if you understand the language It is called
Im Schatten der Mumie

Never found full English version of the game. Same for another great Polish game called Weird Wars.

Another War/Weird War

Hey Dark, I have two boxed CDs of Another War, the English/UK version of Weird War. I have only been able to install one, the other wouldn't install. And, I cannot get the game to run on WIndows XP. Let me know if you want to buy one of the copies.

I found Bonez adventures on Ebay Germany, do you think it can be played with a web translator?

Thanks but I already have boxed version of Another War and it works well on Windows 7. Weird War is the sequel and I do have boxed German and Italian versions but can`t find full English release. You can get English demo on Gamershell site.

Anyway I found English version of Bonez Adventures: Tomb of Fulaos but it is ripped version and I can`t install it on Windows 7 64 bit. I will send you a PM with a link to download the game. Let me know if it works on Windows XP.

Dark, cool so Another War works fine on Win 7. I have both Win XP and Win 7 so I can test games on both.

And there's a Weird war demo on Gamershell? Cool.

Have you tried installing Bonez on your Win 7 on the 32 bit Program files? On my Win 7 I have a 64 bit and 32 bit running environment preconfigured from the factory, do you have this? You should be able to set up 32 bit environment if you don't already have it.

Also, any other games you are looking for, I may have some you want. I bought quite a few from Europe over the last few years.

I tried to install it outside of "program files" files directory as it is known there are problems with old games installed in that directory. Also tried to install it in 32 bit "Program Files" to no avail. I can`t finish installation as I get error "RegCreatekeyEx failed;code 87 the parameter is incorrect". If I cancel this error I can proceed but the game won`t run. Tried compatibility mode, run as administrator… nothing helps.

As for other games yes, I am looking for some obscure titles in English. Will PM you with details.

To get around the reg error. I installed the demo verison of the game first. Then I deleted all the game files, not uninstalled them. It seems if you uninstall the files, it gets rid of registry changes. By deleting the files, it keeps the registry change for the game.
Then, I installed the full game. The game runs now, I think because it is using the working registry data from the demo. However, I am having trouble getting past level 2, like it's still loading the demo, even though the demo is deleted.

I have purchased the German version of this game. I will give some impressions when I play it pretty soon.

The demo starts of really well, really unique blend of RPG/Adventure/Puzzle game, then gets into a dungeon crawl/platformer for the next bit. We shall see how it plays onwards.

Back
Top Bottom