Etherlords 1 & 2 on Steam

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
For fans of old strategy games Steam has two surprises this week.

Etherlords

Etherlords is Now Available on Steam!

Four races of wizards, adepts of four magical schools, collide in a brutal fight for world domination. Etherlords, an iconic strategy created by Nival, became a bestseller in the world and earned highest grades from critics.

Etherlords is an exciting mix of turn-based strategy and fantasy trading card game. Innovative game mechanics that first appeared in this game formed the basics of most modern games of this genre.
And they offer the sequel also.

Etherlords II
Etherlords II is Now Available on Steam!

The saga continues! Etherlords II takes you back to the world of Ether and into a whole new realm of fantastic possibilities. Lead your hero on an unforgettable journey through lands filled with unsurpassed beauty and danger to unlock the ultimate mystery.

Etherlords II is an exciting mix of role-play and tactical turn-based combat in the best traditions of fantasy trading card games.

This version of the game supports co-op battles via Internet, including Round Table mode: round robin elimination tournament with random set of cards.
I remember playing both games many years ago. So are any of you interested?

Boy, I really liked this game. A lot more fun than Warcraft 3.

Check out the Metacritic score. Player score averages 7.7 but only one voter and they gave it a 6!

Already bought the bundle (1&2 for $7). Wow, I don't remember it being that tough, 2nd chaots mission and I get destroyed :)

Back
Top Bottom