Far Cry 6 Officially Announced

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Ubisoft finally announced FarCry 6 and it takes place on a fictional island called Yara. We'll see if it's any good, and it should release on February 18th 2021.

Well the graphics sure are great.

Hopefully it doesn't have a terrible ending. or try to teach some lesson about humanity once again. Nah what am I saying it's what the IP is known for. So I expect both again.:)

I like that they return to the iconic exotic environment, this one is a nice touch. Far Cry 6 trailer looked really interesting, got me intrigued, I just fear they might fail with the storytelling part and how they execute it with gameplay

I've only played the original Far Cry which was a good mix of horror genre and fps. Are the sequels any good? Opinions about the previous far cry games? Which to avoid? which to get? :)

I've only played the original Far Cry which was a good mix of horror genre and fps. Are the sequels any good? Opinions about the previous far cry games? Which to avoid? which to get? :)

I've played 1-3, and the original is still my favorite. Probably because it was made by Crytek and not Ubisoft who's owned the franchise since Far Cry 2.

I thought FC 2 was awful. FC 3 was better imo, but it's still got that typical Ubisoft style of being very gamey and repetitive. I never bothered with 4 or 5 because they looked like more of the same. None of the games are connected story-wise.

Skip the first two unless you like playing older games.

My order based on how much I liked the game.
  1. Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
  2. Far Cry 3
  3. Far Cry 4
  4. Far Cry Primal
  5. Far Cry New Dawn
  6. Far Cry 5
  7. Far Cry
  8. Far Cry 2

Last edited:
I started playing Far Cry 2 some years ago, but then I stopped due to those excessive respawning enemies on a Jeep. :(

Probably that's why I never started playing another FC again…

I loovvved Far Cry 3. Absolute masterpiece in my eyes. The original was also amazing. I have not played Far Cry 4 or 5 just because the settings/storyline didn't appeal to me.

I think Far Cry 6 looks awesome though.

Last edited:
I completely forgot about Blood Dragon. I like that one quite a bit too. In fact I think it's the best Ubisoft developed Far Cry game.

I started playing Far Cry 2 some years ago, but then I stopped due to those excessive respawning enemies on a Jeep. :(

Probably that's why I never started playing another FC again…
Yeah that's one of the major drawbacks of Far Cry 2. Nowadays Ubisoft borrowed the same mechanic for outposts in other games they publish. It was a trend setter.

I think Far Cry 6 looks awesome though.
It does reminds kinda reminds me a little bit of Dying Light crossed with Far Cry. It helps you have to scavenge materials to make homemade weapons and armor this time.

Based on your comments I will definitely skip Far cry 2, although Africa as a setting looks quite interesting. I just don't fancy excessive repetition which the game seems to offer plenty. I'll start with Far Cry 3 and then move to blood dragon. If I enjoy those, I'll take a look at the Ubisoft sequels perhaps. :)

Just a heads up Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is for those who love cheesy 80's cyborg action movies. It has nothing to do with Far Cry 3 jut for reference that's all for now.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Trailer

I've tried to get into FC5 and 4. They are good looking games and the action can be fun. But my general impression is that the mechanics are just too simplified for my taste and the action is too densely packed for their own good. In FC5 you couldn't go for more than 30 seconds without a big fire fight—even in the enormous wilds of Montana! Hell, even wild animals are constantly attacking you. I know the games are ABOUT action and that's what makes them popular. But I just felt like there was almost no time to breathe. Just a constant blood bath.

The graphics here look amazing though.

Also gotta wonder if Ubisoft will do their usual "our games are not political" song and dance with THIS one?

"I have broken the record ! I was crying 6 metres far !"

Ubisoft published a new game-play trailer as well.

Watch the world of Yara come to life now - with the first look at Far Cry 6 gameplay, featuring all-new weapons, gear, and other franchise first elements. Far Cry 6 arrives October 7, 2021.

Back
Top Bottom