Drakensang - New Official Web Page

magerette

Hedgewitch
dtp-Anaconda has issued a press release regarding the launch of a new look at the website for their upcoming RPG, Drakensang:The Dark Eye:
dtp-ANACONDA Press Release, 2nd November, 2007
Drakensang – The Dark Eye: Launch of new home page
Hamburg, 2nd November, 2007 – You will now see the
brand new, shiny home page for the forthcoming new Das Schwarze Auge PC game, Drakensang, at:
www.drakensang.de. RPG players and those who want to immerse themselves in the RPG gaming world can now obtain detailed information on the game, including screenshots, trailers and much more.

Drakensang brings back epic party-based RPG gameplay
in a breathtakingly detailed world, based on one of the
world’s biggest pen & paper franchises. With incredible eye for detail, the world of Aventuria comes alive on the PC in state-of-the-art 3D graphics that bring to life the epic vistas and stunning variety of this one-of-a-kind fantasy world.
Drakensang: The Dark Eye is the first PC adaptation of
Germany’s most popular and long-standing pen &
paper RPG franchise in 10 years. In the last twenty years
a thriving community of millions has grown, as the
fantasy universe of Aventuria has been expanded in books, board and computer games.
Press is already excited about the game:
German Games magazine “Gamestar” said (issue 08/2007): “RPG players are able to look forward to Drakensang as an atmospheric and magnificent adventure with classical virtues. Drakensang is right now a boon and blessing for the whole genre." “A game with a story conceived by The Dark Eye writers in a world created by The Dark Eye designers is going to be extraordinary”, said PC Powerplay (issue 07/2007).
All the best from Hamburg...
More information.

The website had music. It was awesome. Does someone know if it's from the game?
I don't really know anything about this game... Just got a good feeling from visiting that website. How much do we actually know about this one? Somewhere where I could read up on this?

I do expect the music to be from the game.

Here's the link to the Drakensang entry in our games database, Zachary, where you can see all the newsbits on it if you click the "News" tab.. Drakensang.info is another related site. :)

I´ve seen Drakensang at the GC. 55 minutes of explanations by the lead designer. This will be a good game. Baldur´s Gate in the Dark Eye world. Just don´t expect 100 hours of content or some weird experiments. The tight budget forces the devs to play it straight. Deep story, a world looking like medieval Germany, party gameplay, RTwP combat.

I´ve seen Drakensang at the GC. 55 minutes of explanations by the lead designer.

Didn't I just miss you at GC?

I'm impressed by what Drakensang looks to be managing to do on its tight budget, but there's plenty of facets I'm worried about. Primarily storyline, quests, dialogue and localization. And with limited English coverage, those questions probably won't be cleared up unless/until DTP sends me a beta to preview.

Didn't I just miss you at GC?

Yeah, you were hanging out with Armin waiting for me while I was inside the dtp booth, or something like that.

I'm impressed by what Drakensang looks to be managing to do on its tight budget, but there's plenty of facets I'm worried about. Primarily storyline, quests, dialogue and localization. And with limited English coverage, those questions probably won't be cleared up unless/until DTP sends me a beta to preview.

The storyline will hardly be worse than in most other RPGs. ;)
They hired the original DSA authors. Let´s hope they took the task seriously.

Let's hope they got some native speakers for the localisations!!

So is it "official" that the game will come out in English too ?
I had the impression (after the GC) that this was not certain
(or at least announced) ?

I believe an international release was aimed at - hence the official English-language forums there at dtp.
http://www.anaconda-games.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=63
I don't believe they would erect an English-language forum if the game was only made to be available in German language ...

The only point uncertain is the time when it will ship internationally ...

There have been games that never came out in english that had english webpages but usually they ran out of budget and couldn't translate it.

Of dtp ? I don't think dtp wouldn't be capable of translating games.

Other companies ... well, that's a different story ...

By the way, yesterday or the day before I found out that there are game fonds - a financial thing - and that dtp is involved in one ...

It isn't out yet.

So is it "official" that the game will come out in English too ?
I had the impression (after the GC) that this was not certain
(or at least announced) ?
dtp has plans to release Drakensang for the english market at least. PR Manager Claas Wolters told me on GC2007, that they had an IGN reporter on their booth. But it seems, he was not very interested in writing an article about Drakensang.

dtp is not a global publisher but they have international partners that could do so for them. I don't think they would run out of money, because it is a rock solid company. dtp grew with the adventure market when no one else wanted to produce adventure games any more. So I think they know how to keep their buisiness running.

Considering the localisation: I would say we should wait and see what happens to Master Creating's Legend - Hand of God. They have also plans to release it for english market. The result could also be an indication for Drakensang.

Lets hope all goes well then. This game looks very interesting (and might I add
the only interesting RPG for the first half of 2008 ?)

Back
Top Bottom