Age of Decadence - Updated Demo

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Last edited:
Well, I am not going to buy this game anymore, to distrbute the demo through virus or pirate sites is simply horrible, I wasn't even paying attention because I though I could trust links on this site, so I accidently pressed the putlocker virus, my virus program stopped must of it, but I still had to clean a few things with malware bytes.

Now they've made a lot of pre-sales, it is unacceptable in my opinion to use virus and pirate sites for hosting the demo.

Warning do not press the putlocker link!

Putlocker is not a pirate site, it's just another public cloud service, or let's be practical and describe it as a megaupload clone. Many of such sites are now dead because pirates use those services more than p2p (ed2k, gnutella, torrent, etc).

The problem with all those sites is that advertisments point to malware. Iron tower is not to blame for it, you just have to be careful not to click on anything except the file you really want to download. But if they couldn't host the demo on their own site because of the size or something, to avoid malware they could have seeded it as a torrent magnet link.

I would be okay if it was a popup or such from a paid advertisement, but if you press the download button it'll download age_of_descandance_demo_exe.exe which will install a lot of viruses.

If you clickt the very very small link in another part of the site it'll install the same file with name age_of_descandance_demo.exe , which is the real install.

First of all, my apologies for the inconvenience. The link has been removed. In general, torrent and public cloud sites are very safe, but only if you know what you're doing (like not downloading … exe.exe files). Clearly, some people have less experience with such sites and can be easily misled, which wasn't our intention at all.

Also, the demo is available on Steam as well, so the other links are alternatives for those who prefer direct downloads.

Personal network storage sites are not safe unless you're a paying customer so you don't see those advertisments.
If you're accessing them as a guest, usually there are several huge "download" buttons trying to con you into downloading at least ilivid malware (IIRC that's the name). It's not nearly as bad as Origin traybar lurking malware, but still… ;)
As I've said, it's not your fault but the service provider has to be blamed.

Anyway, if you do the alternative demo distribution again, I suggest using a torrent magnet, that way you're sure noone will click on an unwanted link.

O well, maybe I overeacted a bit… but the demo better be darn good to compensate :p

Still it could be disaster for someone without a good virus program or who doesn't know how to clean up those nasty viruses and malware, and it is very easy in a moment of relaxation from a site you trust to accidently click at the wrong place, it is acctually the first time it happend to me.

Heh, putlocker a pirate site hahahaha ok.

They also distributed the beta on TPB, shows how much you know rune as usual come in uninformed, with your weird posts. I said virus sites ( putlocket ) and pirate sites ( such as TPB ).

I thought I'd check out the updated demo cos it's been a while since I was impressed by AoD_Public_Beta_R3_1, but its throwing some kinda

"MSVCR110.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling" error.

Anyone else get that? Reinstalling didn't fix it, reinstalling DirectX didn't fix it. I'm sure I can fix it if I wanted, but… I dunno… What's going on, should it do that? I'm running "win7 64bit ultimate" with its "windows update" updates installed.

Shouldn't the AoD installer install all these bullshit runtime dlls as part of its functionality?

PS. Not sure if I ran the old demo on this install of windows or not. Might have got that error last time too? I forget.

Just download MSVCR110.dll and drop it in the demo's main directory (where other .dlls are) and in Windows/System32 folder if it's not there.

Just download MSVCR110.dll and drop it in the demo's main directory (where other .dlls are) and in Windows/System32 folder if it's not there.

Woah, woah, woah! What is this, the 80s? Am I supposed to be computer literate or something? I demand effortless accessibility! I'm not a windows user because I want to learn to use a computer, you know! Just tweet me the link to like on facebook so I can youtube it to get the itunes link saved on my phone.

Seriously, though… Is everybody expected to go chasing dll files themselves or is there a problem with the installer that I'm ever so helpfully bringing to light. Not saying I deserve a reward or nothin, but the suggestion is hard to dismiss…

I will be installing that demo tomorrow so, if I'll get similar error message, I'll let you know so you could petition to have this error named after you :)

Was anybody successful in playing this demo? I have similar problem to SirJames: after installation it first tells me that msvcr110.dll is missing, than that msvcp110.dll is also not there and, finnally, that it's unable to load AoD.dll...

Was anybody successful in playing this demo? I have similar problem to SirJames: after installation it first tells me that msvcr110.dll is missing, than that msvcp110.dll is also not there and, finnally, that it's unable to load AoD.dll…

Yeah, just install the stuff in C:\Program Files (x86)\AoD Demo R4\_prerequisites :)

Woah, woah, woah! What is this, the 80s? Am I supposed to be computer literate or something? I demand effortless accessibility! I'm not a windows user because I want to learn to use a computer, you know! Just tweet me the link to like on facebook so I can youtube it to get the itunes link saved on my phone.

Seriously, though… Is everybody expected to go chasing dll files themselves or is there a problem with the installer that I'm ever so helpfully bringing to light. Not saying I deserve a reward or nothin, but the suggestion is hard to dismiss…

-The information would be better reported on the adequate site.
-The information is already reported on the adequate site.
-Trying the suggested fix might allow to play the demo.

Back
Top Bottom