Elder Scrolls Online - Dragon Bones DLC

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Elder Scrolls Online will get a major update and a new DLC in February:

Dragons in ESO! Well … technically, undead dragons in ESO!

Zenimax Online Studios has revealed details on the first major update of 2018 for The Elder Scrolls Online – a two-dungeon DLC Game Pack called Dragon Bones, and Update 17, a free addition for everyone which includes a slew of new features and upgrades that make ESO better than ever. Dragon Bones and Update 17 are expected to launch in February.

The Dragon Bones DLC Game Pack will include two new dungeons – Scalecaller Peak and Fang Lair – available in both normal and veteran modes, with a veteran Hard Mode for each final boss. These new dungeons pit players against new and returning enemies, including plague-ridden ogres, powerful sorcerers and their undead creations, and even the reanimated bones of an ancient dragon.

Players will be rewarded with new items and monster sets, collectibles, and achievements, as well as a Renegade Dragon Priest mask, awarded just for entering one of the dungeons. The Dragon Bones DLC Game Pack will be free for ESO Plus members, and available for purchase from the Crown Store for non-members.

The free-for-everyone Update 17 will release simultaneously with Dragon Bones, and will include:

• The Outfit System: allows players to customize the look of their equipment, regardless of equipped gear
  • Two New Battlegrounds: the Orc Stronghold of Mor Khazgur and the Dwarven ruins of Deeping Drome bring 2 new arenas for 4v4v4 multiplayer mayhem (Battlegrounds PvP requires ESO: Morrowind)
  • Home Storage System: this highly anticipated feature provides players the opportunity to lock items away safely in their homes via the Homestead housing system
  • Additional Gameplay Features: new quality of life additions will help new and experienced players get the most out of ESO, including the new Level Up and Skills Advisors, guiding players to the best upgrades when they level up; and improvements to combat, making it easier to identify and activate ability synergies.
The additions and improvements included in Update 17 will be available free of charge for all players.

For all of the details on both the Dragon Bones DLC Game Pack and Update 17, please read the article on The Elder Scrolls Online website.
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Why, just why? I've got a max level character with almost 200 CP and I've only touched about a third of the content already available.

The new outfit system is very flexible indeed.

Always great to get new dungeons. Game is going very well and remains the best modern MMO on the market, in my opinion.

True Auction houses yet? That’s what is keeping me from returning. I’m in if they fixed the economy

No auction house. You can get everything you need with trivial effort, though. But if you want to play the market it’s not the right game.

In house storage. Finally...

But seriously, this, costume customization, 2 new dungeons and battlefields isn't as exciting as a new game, of which I have many unplayed...

So my brother bought me this in a giant box (says imperial edition) for my birthday probably in 2016.

If I decide to play it, is it even worth installing from the discs in the box? ( I'm assuming there's disc's I haven't opened it yet) Or is there so much new stuff that it'd be pointless and I should just download it?

Also, I know it's an MMO but how is soloing? and how is the atmosphere. Is it typical MMO with a bunch of people running and jumping around with names over their heads acting a fool or is it something that you could actually immerse yourself in and feel it's a functioning world.

I think I could actually quite like an MMO if they had a server where people had to follow simple codes of conduct and actually play their role. I suppose thought that that would be pretty much impossible to set up and still make each player feel like they're the hero of that world.

Yes, just download it. There are too many patches since release.

Oh my gosh, there are always silly people doing silly things. You can turn off nameplates.

That said there are lots of isolated areas with very few of them.

Plus some areas are solo instances.

How is the Soloing... well that is linked to the Auction house issue I raised. To solo and be part of the economy means Auction access so you can trade for items relevant to your class. I left the game because trading was guild specific. Some guilds offer public trading but the whole system is to fragmented to constitute an effective economy. Effectively you have to wade through every guild to find anything. Their design decision kills a big part of the game for solo focused players. In effect it is a form of forced socialization. I’m sure Dart will start typing now...

How is the Soloing… well that is linked to the Auction house issue I raised. To solo and be part of the economy means Auction access so you can trade for items relevant to your class. I left the game because trading was guild specific. Some guilds offer public trading but the whole system is to fragmented to constitute an effective economy. Effectively you have to wade through every guild to find anything. Their design decision kills a big part of the game for solo focused players. In effect it is a form of forced socialization. I’m sure Dart will start typing now…

https://tamrieltradecentre.com

I sunk about 150 hours into solo ESO, but I didn't 'solo the game' in the sense that people may mean i.e. doing all content by myself. Some seems impossible unless you team up with others. Perhaps because of that I didn't notice a real power gap and didn't go scurrying about looking for better loot. i did the main quest from one faction, then part the way from another, then got Morrowind for cheap and did that etc. But i can't see myself going back, even though ESO may be solo friendly, I'm intrinsically a non-MMO person and having others (and bots) f*ing about around me destroys my immersion and makes me (more) grumpy.

EDIT: I did do quite a bit of crafting, since I kind of like that, but it seemed bland and I could probably find most of what I could craft (and even the unique sets didn't seem that great...sure, you can find out where the best ones are, but really by that point I couldn't be bothered anymore)..Also, you can pretty much buy what you want (at lower tiers) from guild stores, which makes the rarity aspect questionable.

Back
Top Bottom