White Gold and Precursors

Acleacius

SasqWatch
Any of our Russian friends know if these can be bought outside of Russia?

Wesp of Bloodlines Unofficial Patch is working on English translations. I really wish Deep Shadows would use STEAM or some other service even if they can't afford an English version at least they would be making some money, some people would gladly buy it. Now though, I am worried the only place to find it will be where where Deep Shadows will get no money for it.

Thanks for any tips. :)

Yes it works but it is still unplayable. I mean why would anyone play the game with Russian dialogs. The dialogs are not translated and I would not recommend these two games until he translates all dialogs. In fact there is already English text hidden in game files and all he is doing is copy paste this text with game editing tool.
Here are official topics for both games
White Gold:
http://board.deep-shadows.com/index.php?showtopic=1177

Precursors:
http://board.deep-shadows.com/index.php?showtopic=1171

Is he actually trying to translate both games simultaneously? I'm hoping he does Precursors first, that's the more interesting game by far imo.

Not translating just tiresome copy paste work that can only be done by one person because of the limitation in game editing tool (no importing)

Great work. Wouldn`t it be better to work on one game at the time?

I translate each game after the other block-wise but as the interface is very similar I wanted to make sure right from the start that they are translated the same way. I also hoped to get hints about possible Precursor problems from the more common setting of White Gold...

I'm not actually translating most of the lines, just copying them over from the existing version inside the file. As for only doing the main quest, the problem is the dialogues are not sorted at all so I wouldn't know how to find those lines. I could start translating single NPCs only in hope they are connected to the main quest, but that would be much slower than translating one after another...

I tried both titles and they work like a charm. Everything but dialogs is translated.

Thanks Dark Savant. :)

Yes, he seems to be quite busy, but thing is trying to find the actual game. I surely don't mind hearing Russian speech or any language as long as there are subtitles. ;)

It looks like badmofo fixed the import/export functions and has almost finished moving the English dialog over in White Gold. There were a couple hundred lines not translated and he still has to do that. With the new exe it looks like Precursors will be done soon since it allows the import and export to Excel so should be really easy to replace the Russian dialog with the English dialog.

The post is on the White Gold forums in the thread for the English patch.

PS. I can't wait to be able to play Precursors since I have been waiting years for this kind of game to be made.

Last edited:
Interesting, some review and feedback, would be welcome.

The complete English patch for White Gold has been released and you can get it at the same place it has been.

Here is a link to the page with the release. http://board.deep-shadows.com/index.php?showtopic=1177&st=40

PS. Until Wesp puts it together you will need to download version 7 (which is on the previous page) of his patch and install that and then replace the resource.qrc file with the new one. If you don't want to do that Wesp will probably put it together soon.

EDIT: You can now find the full English translation of Precursors at the same place and Wesp is going to put it together and fix some translation errors and put it into a 1.0 release. Also Wesp will be putting the translation for the non-video scenes that don't have subtitles in the readme for the new release.

Last edited:
So the english dialogs are almost completely translated except for a few hundred lines in White Gold?

Also, the dialogs are being translated for Precursors as well?

So the english dialogs are almost completely translated except for a few hundred lines in White Gold?

Also, the dialogs are being translated for Precursors as well?
The translations are complete for both White Gold and Precursors and will be posted to The Patches Scrolls next week.

It's not the best English but does the job and will be improved over time - finally we can play these games!

Anybody play the versions of these two games with the translated dialogues yet?
And if so, how are they.

Anybody play the versions of these two games with the translated dialogues yet?
And if so, how are they.

I've been playing White Gold for 10 hours now.. and I can say - it is very fun to play The game is a free roaming action/RPG on Tropic islands (South Columbia). Reminds me Gothic 2 NOTR in a way.. with less complex characters. Level design is much better than 'Boiling point', if you are familiar with this one ..and again reminds me of Gothic….but with guns!!… and tons of vehicles like boats, cars, jets, planes and helicopters ;-)

I can definitely recommend it to anyone that likes Gothic series.Unless you sre only keen on fantasy free roaming games. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom